Home General Discussion

False advertising!!!!

Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bid on some cigars and won and they were offering an Xixar cutter that I also won. Got the box today and when I got to the cutter it was in a white box and all it said was made in China. No markings on it or blades that said Xixar. So after checking the Xixar site it says Xixar is made in the USA. I will be calling on Monday.
You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evil Bid Site or the F site?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s messed up, glad you are calling. Makes you wonder how many times that happens and nobody says anything. Hope they make it right with you. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the box was made in China.   :)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Evil Bid Site or the F site?
    Cigarbid.com
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to know what the f site is
    Don't look ↑
    I'd love to know what the f site is
    Me too, but I'm sure Tony will let us know. LOL
    peter4jc said:
    Only the box was made in China.   :)
    Well if the box was the only thing made in China, then why are there no markings on the cutter that says Xicar? All the cutters I've looked at have the name on the blade and or handle.
  • FryFry Posts: 12
    Why do they call it the evil bid site?
    F site is a "Famous" auction site.

It is called the evil bid site, because it sucks you in with evil wares.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the cheap Xikar cutters on Cigarbid.com don't come with the Xikar lifetime warranty.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Xikar
    Nobody has mentioned it, but Xikar does make cutters advertising cigar brands that do not have the Xikar emblem or name anywhere on them.  My Ave Maria cutter is just one example.  FYI....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Doug, @Sleddog46, can you post a pic?  Was it advertised as a X4 model cutter?
    This is a X4.  They are advertised as Xikar, but don't carry the brand.  From what I understand, Xikar has them made, in China, and will not warranty them.  I could be completely wrong....and would be happy to be educated if wrong.
    Stubble said:
    Doug, @Sleddog46, can you post a pic?  Was it advertised as a X4 model cutter?
    Here they are .

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a xicar.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    edited August 2019
    *XIKAR @Wylaff

Looks like a X4 to me....I've seen advertising saying they are warrantied,  and word of mouth they are not.  Not sure what to believe.  Would love clarification if someone is in the know!

I have one. I called Xikar and asked because the model isn’t listed on their website. It is officially not warrantied by them.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Now that we've figured out exactly what those Chinese cutters are (Xikar X4),.... how do they compare in performance to the teardrop shaped Xikars? (Xi1 or Xi2 etc.) Some of you who have experience with both types (Xi vs X4) need to chime in. I started a thread about the X4 back in 2015 because I was curious about trying one. I was considering a purchase but based on the replies I got and everything else I could find online I assumed that the X4 was good, but not nearly as good as the Xi1 or Xi2. 

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/879114/specifically-the-xikar-x4-specifically

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this one a couple years
    Hinges are loose, cut is a little wonky at times, due for replacement.
    A little dirt never hurt
    The xi1 is significantly more precise. The Xi4 seems to work better than most cutters except the rest of the Xi line though.

edited August 2019
    And if anyone is wondering, the Xi1 and Xi2 are the same cutter as far as blades and function. I have both and that's my opinion. I would guess the Xi3s could be included in that conclusion but I haven't tried them. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Xikar sucks. There’s a reason the offer a lifetime warranty. Because it’s going to spend a lifetime being repaired or replaced. 
    Rhamlin said:
    Xikar sucks. There’s a reason the offer a lifetime warranty. Because it’s going to spend a lifetime being repaired or replaced. 

Ricky! You crazy heretic! Xikar is the king of cutters! Just like Boveda is the head honcho of humidity! And speaking of kings and bosses, Crowned Heads,........ just sayin'  
    Bob_Luken said:
    Rhamlin said:

Ricky! You crazy heretic! Xikar is the king of cutters! Just like Boveda is the head honcho of humidity! And speaking of kings and bosses, Crowned Heads,........ just sayin'  
    After having Xikars for many years and getting this Colibri V cutter, I'm starting to re-think my stance that Xikar is the best.
    I'm seriously thinking about getting a Colibri guillotine cutter.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Love both of my colibri cutters, straight and sv.  My criticism is that on both, the screws have come loose and I'm constantly tightening them down.  @Yakster offered a good solution of using some locktite, but for 70 bucks, I shouldn't have to...
    Don't look ↑
    The colibri V is far superior to the xikar V in my opinion. I do like the xikar cut. The Xi2 is the Xi1 with fancy expensive finishes. The Xi3 is a different blade, but I have not got a chance to use it.

I use a punch more often than anything. But the Xi1 has been my favorite strait cut so far. It does a great job shaving the cap if that’s your style.

I thought the old Colibri "grip" was pretty sorry, and kinda soured me on the whole Colibri brand,.......
    Image result for Colibri grip

but the Colibri V has been great, seems like a great blade, and the Colibri S ought to be a great straight cut.