Home Non Cigar Related

Light conversation, less debate

I enjoy the forums and it is very informative. However, sometimes a lot of tension seems to rise to the the top in the posts. I much rather enjoy the calm and relaxation of a good cigar and some good conversation. If anyone else feels the same, send a message my way.

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    docedwards:
    I enjoy the forums and it is very informative. However, sometimes a lot of tension seems to rise to the the top in the posts. I much rather enjoy the calm and relaxation of a good cigar and some good conversation. If anyone else feels the same, send a message my way.
    Hey bro', relax. We ALL enjoy a nice calm discussion as well.

Sometimes our discussions get a little heavy, but for the most part, most guy's here keep it reasonable and refrain from name calling or the like.

Some people just can't stand to see an opinion which is counter to their own, and they feel threatened so they lash out.

Don't let these types of discussiona put you off. If you don't like the disention it can cause, just avoid reading them. There are plenty of other topics, or maybe you can come up with something entirely new and it will take off.

Good conversation is always welcome, that's what the forums are for. What do you want to discuss?
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    docedwards:
    I do enjoy light conversation and less debate, that's why I primarily post that way. I just can't find myself getting too wrapped up in a debate, so I tend to steer away from them. I have nothing against those who do enjoy it and I find sometimes that I can't stay away, but most of the time I don't post in the debating threads. Either way, I understand that we (here on this forum) are very alike regardless of our views. And for me, that bring me comfort knowing that there is a common bond between us. While we can get a bit heated in conversation, when we're done we can sit down and have a smoke together.
    bbc020:
    docedwards:
    I do enjoy light conversation and less debate, that's why I primarily post that way. I just can't find myself getting too wrapped up in a debate, so I tend to steer away from them. I have nothing against those who do enjoy it and I find sometimes that I can't stay away, but most of the time I don't post in the debating threads. Either way, I understand that we (here on this forum) are very alike regardless of our views. And for me, that bring me comfort knowing that there is a common bond between us. While we can get a bit heated in conversation, when we're done we can sit down and have a smoke together.

Well said Brandon. As one who does get into the more contentious discussions, I can honestly say that I hold no hard feelings or grudges against anyone on the forums. I am able to hold a discussion with anyone and not let it get personal, as that does nothing to further a discussion anyway.

I could / would sit down and enjoy a fine stick with anybody here on the forums.

At the end of the day, we are all Cigar smoker's who enjoy a good cigar and maybe some good conversation to go with it. Even when the conversation turns sour, we are all still just guy's enjoying some fine cigars. Our discussions will not change the world, they are not intended to. Remembering that may help keep the discussions more civil. IMO
  • Having been to both Oxford, Al, and Marietta, OH I can understand the laid back attitude. I agree with this, not wanting to debate the world's problems while relaxing over a cigar. I especially enjoyed the Quintard mall portion of the world tour.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Wow! Oxford and the Quintard Mall was part of your world tour? I'd like to hear more.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    docedwards:
    ...If anyone else feels the same, send a message my way.

Ummm are you looking for a date? Cause I'm pretty sure this is the wrong site.
    I jest, I jest... The cool thing about the BOTL here is that we can get our boxers in a knot and still blaze up.
    We come together on what we all share and that is the golden leaf.

stephen_hannibal:
    docedwards:

I jest, I jest... The cool thing about the BOTL here is that we can get our boxers in a knot and still blaze up.
    We come together on what we all share and that is the golden leaf.

Ummm, Stephen, we have talked about those "Golden Leaves" of yours before. Dewd this is a CIGAR enjoyment forum! LMAO.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    laker1963:
    stephen_hannibal:
    docedwards:

We come together on what we all share and that is TIM'S BEARD.

Ummm, Stephen, we have talked about those "Golden Leaves" of yours before. Dewd this is a CIGAR enjoyment forum! LMAO.
    Wait fixed it... lol ;D
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    You guys are so funny. And if I was looking for a date I'd be on another site and preparing my funeral because my wife would kill me.
    stephen_hannibal:
    laker1963:
    stephen_hannibal:
    docedwards:

We come together on what we all share and that is TIM'S BEARD.

Wait fixed it... lol ;D
    LMAO, there, that's better.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    There are two things I like in this world, cigars and debating!

"Long ashes my friends."

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    and remember: image
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    There are two things I like in this world, cigars and debating!
    Master Debater are we, hmmmmmm. ;)
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    and remember: image
    Ah, I remember that day well - the wind in my hair, my feet pounding the track.... I had just finished an online debate...Ah, sweet memories..
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Oh come on man, if it were not for the incessant anti semite article and the lost cause global warming post we would not have any fun at all.
    fla-gypsy:
    Oh come on man, if it were not for the incessant anti semite article and the lost cause global warming post we would not have any fun at all.
    Some guy's are just more comfortable when they apply labels to people. I'm not anti semetic... I hate everybody!

Particularly guy's from Jacksonville, LOL.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Great analogy and back at you brother! Just curious, do you find most cigar lovers lean more right or left?
    fla-gypsy:
    Great analogy and back at you brother! Just curious, do you find most cigar lovers lean more right or left?
    As a southpaw, I follow the beleif that only left handed people are in their right minds :)

OK I asked for it... let the $hit fly, I'm going for cover.

As for cigar smokers?... Are any of us completley right? ;)
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I've seen and cherished that picture for many years... but then I had the great realization of the DIFFERENCE between Arguing on the Internet and running in the Special Olympics...

Special Olympics you get a MEDAL!!!! EVEN IF YOU LOSE!!!