Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strong winds in Colorado send dozens of mattresses flying across field, video shows
    And a fun time was had by all. :p
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Colleges are now putting tampons in men's bathrooms.

WTF?  

I've noticed that lately I've been seeing bathrooms marked "Women" and "Family Bathroom" with no "Men" bathroom in sight.  The "Family Bathroom" has the changing table.  I guess one must emasculate a society if one wishes to take it without a fight.
    What if your girlfriend, or just a friend for that matter, has an emergency. Now you just need to run into the men's bathroom instead of embarrassing yourself and running into the woman's bathroom. Could be a simple solution to a complex problem. Just a guess.

• Options

Trump's Sons Kill a Triceratops on Hunting Safari - Liberals Believe, And They're Very Upset

Today's "college" graduates......?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Yep. Representative of the “Me” generation, the ‘entitled’ generation, millenials.....  whatever one chooses to call them....  🙄
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....

.....all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow!  @newsmax  @foxandfriends @OANN

5,843 replies 6,006 retweets 28,767 likes
    Retweet
    Like 29K

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Colleges are now putting tampons in men's bathrooms.

WTF?  

I've noticed that lately I've been seeing bathrooms marked "Women" and "Family Bathroom" with no "Men" bathroom in sight.  The "Family Bathroom" has the changing table.  I guess one must emasculate a society if one wishes to take it without a fight.
    What if your girlfriend, or just a friend for that matter, has an emergency. Now you just need to run into the men's bathroom instead of embarrassing yourself and running into the woman's bathroom. Could be a simple solution to a complex problem. Just a guess.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    jd50ae said:

Yep. Representative of the “Me” generation, the ‘entitled’ generation, millennials.....  whatever one chooses to call them....  🙄
    Idiot Democrats. Because that is what they are.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    YankeeMan said:
    Just more liberal bullshit.......  🙄

And the beat goes on...... 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty soon, we will have to have politically correct dictionaries that we will be required to carry, so as not to offend anyone. 

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Pretty soon, we will have to have politically correct dictionaries that we will be required to carry, so as not to offend anyone. 

Hopefully by then I am old enough where nobody will expect me to be politically correct.  Or at least old enough they know I won't carry a dictionary.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    That ought to do it.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

YankeeMan said:

It is entirely conceivable to influence the words an entire population uses. I'll point to my old favorite as an example,... the advancement of the word "issue" in place of the word "problem". Decades ago, people in the psychological professions influenced upon us all, that the word "problem" was simply too harsh for our soft brains. "Billy has behavior problems." - "Oh dear, that sounds like Billy will never succeed in life. I feel better about this other boy Tommy though, he only has behavior issues. Tommy seems redeemable." Meanwhile both boys are kicking your shins equally hard. 

And so it has come to pass that issue is synonymous with problem and it could be considered bad form in one's workplace to use the word problem instead of issue. In fact, I dare all of you to use the word problem instead of issue at work, (especially in some of your more white collar environments). You'll probably feel rude doing it. Worse than that, you might get called down to the HR office because of your microaggressions. Try it. See how it goes. 

P.S. Some of you younger whippersnappers will not relate at all. You've grown up knowing "issue" was synonymous with "problem". It didn't used to be that way. 
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Really didn't want to put this in "Faces"
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/louisiana-man-face-tattoos-convicted-sentenced
    This is one of those times it is hard not to judge a book by its cover. 

In keeping with today’s politically-correct jargon, I’d have to say that this fellow appears “To have some serious self-esteem issues”. 

Do we have any BOTLs who are shrinks and who might work pro bono?   😏
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

YankeeMan said:

It is entirely conceivable to influence the words an entire population uses. I'll point to my old favorite as an example,... the advancement of the word "issue" in place of the word "problem". Decades ago, people in the psychological professions influenced upon us all, that the word "problem" was simply too harsh for our soft brains. "Billy has behavior problems." - "Oh dear, that sounds like Billy will never succeed in life. I feel better about this other boy Tommy though, he only has behavior issues. Tommy seems redeemable." Meanwhile both boys are kicking your shins equally hard. 

And so it has come to pass that issue is synonymous with problem and it could be considered bad form in one's workplace to use the word problem instead of issue. In fact, I dare all of you to use the word problem instead of issue at work, (especially in some of your more white collar environments). You'll probably feel rude doing it. Worse than that, you might get called down to the HR office because of your microaggressions. Try it. See how it goes. 

P.S. Some of you younger whippersnappers will not relate at all. You've grown up knowing "issue" was synonymous with "problem". It didn't used to be that way. 

Problems and issues are being replaced with "Opportunities"

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBonz said:
    0patience said:

Hopefully by then I am old enough where nobody will expect me to be politically correct.  Or at least old enough they know I won't carry a dictionary.

You mean we're not supposed to offend?   Oops.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    YankeeMan said:
    So, I guess that today Caliphornia would label Charles Manson as an "ethically challenged but talented persuader who's been justice involved", rather than a murderous monster rightfully incarcerated until death released us from his horrible presence?

Pleease please dear God, make it stop!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and you thought being a coal miner was tough:

Practicing urology takes physical toll
    Richard R. Kerr
    August 7, 2019
    Volume: 47Issue: 8 
    Urology

Urologists face a significant risk of on-the-job pain and injury, an exclusive Urology Times survey has found.

https://www.urologytimes.com/urology/practicing-urology-takes-physical-toll
  • Options
    Shocking!!  And who do you suppose it was who held a gun to their heads and forced them to become urologists?  🙄
  • Options
    OldGnomeOldGnome Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Shocking!!  And who do you suppose it was who held a gun to their heads and forced them to become urologists?  🙄
    "Urologists make an annual base salary of $412,000...."

=-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    OldGnome said:
    jlmarta said:
    "Urologists make an annual base salary of $412,000...."

Damn! I shoulda been a peckerchecker!
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you see that P.E.T.A. is now going after the state of Maryland to try to stop people from eating Blue Claw Crabs. Are they crazy or what. Watch out lobsters, you'll be next.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Did you see that P.E.T.A. is now going after the state of Maryland to try to stop people from eating Blue Claw Crabs. Are they crazy or what. Watch out lobsters, you'll be next.
    They tried raising hell here in Oregon, because Dungeness crab is boiled alive.
    They felt it was inhumane. Most of us said it wasn't inhumane, it was delicious.
    They didn't see our sense of humor.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Sleddog46 said:
    They tried raising hell here in Oregon, because Dungeness crab is boiled alive.
    They felt it was inhumane. Most of us said it wasn't inhumane, it was delicious.
    They didn't see our sense of humor.
    Boiling them makes a lot more sense than dispatching them by lethal injection or hanging......  😜
  • Options
    They're bugs.