Home Cigar 101

Plastic wrapper

DaBinkDaBink Posts: 1
Should I remove the plastic wrapper from the cigars when I place them in the humidor?

Best Answer

Answers

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DZR, is that you?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I used to take them off but when you come home to a few boxes at a time and you is as lazy as I am. Well 🤷‍♀️
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use to take them off because the only time I had a problem with cracked wrappers the cigar was always wrapped. But I learned to age them for a longer period of time and the problem went away. Or they were cracked when I got them. 

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .DaBink said:
    Should I remove the plastic wrapper from the cigars when I place them in the humidor?
    Cellophane wrappers are not about the humidor, Da Bink. They are about the pocket. Sooner or later, you want to chuck a gar in your pocket and go walk the dog, or ride your bike to the old abandoned bridge and set there smokin and watching the water, or, God forbid, waste everybody's time pretending that golf is a sport, or light up after the second brook trout, or any of the other many things we do... that's when a cellophane wrapper is good to have.

On the other hand, I gotta admit that when you buy of fifty inexpensive gars every month, then you just want to reach in and grab a nekkid smoke and not be bothered making trash. I'd say about a third of our FXSS customers refuse to buy any but nekkid. Take Charlie, the Alaskan tug boat captain on the Tenana, for instance. He's up in the wheelhouse, he's lookin for gravel bars, he don't have time to fool round unwrapping a smoke. He's just gotta grab a gar to ease the tension. No cello and no band neither.

Cello is not impermeable. Your gars will breathe. Question is, do you put one in your pocket, from time to time?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)