Home General Discussion

Everyday Cigar

Hi all, ive just recently gotten into cigars about 2 months ago. i've tried a lot of different brands and i tend to really like the high end stuff (Davidoff, Ashton, Ep Carillo, Padrons) . I'm now trying to find an everyday  stick but i am having no luck. ive basically tried a lot of other brands (my father, monte, alec bradley, Tatuaje etc but i find most of these really sucks) did i do myself a disservice  by initially trying the high end stuff? can someone who is experienced suggest a great budget stick($5-$7)? Thanks , i also like Rocky but i wouldnt consider these a daily maybe a step down from high end.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    AJ New World and New World cameroon.
    Diesel
    Oliva

But only being into cigars for 2 months, you will never find a "daily cigar".
    Your tastebuds are getting used to cigars and will change as you go.
    So trying to find a cigar for a daily cigar is kind of hopeless.

You consider Rocky a step down from high end???
    You got some learnin.

But then again, what do I know about high end?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Watch for when we get excited and post about the daily deal right here too.

You can call a sales rep here and tell them what you liked and ask for some recommendations, they should be able to help.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    If you think my father and tats suck I cant help you
    Exactly... when I read that I figured what's the point in trying.  Must be a troll.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

taste is completely subjective.  nobody can tell you what you like.
    This oft repeated chestnut is never helpful.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DZR, is that you?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

taste is completely subjective.  nobody can tell you what you like.
    This oft repeated chestnut is never helpful.
    Not to them, but It's helpful to us. Newbs (or DR) keep coming up with these labor intensive questions. "I like x and y but z was sucky. Can you pick a budget cigar for me that I will love and smoke every day?" No! F#ck that! The chestnut is helpful.  
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The right cigar is the one that's in your hand, lit and being enjoyed.  Doesn't matter who made it, where it's from or what shape it is.  You may get some needling, but at the end of the day, needling doesn't matter. Just fire the thing up, sit back and enjoy the ride.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll trade you all my Rockys for all your My Father and Tatajues.  KB
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke Gurkha's and one day you will drive a Lincoln MKX like Matthew McConaughey.

Or smoke flavored ones provided by your personal cigar vixen and u too may be President like this dik below.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• DusterDuster Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    peter4jc said:
    Usaf06 said:
    If you think my father and tats suck I cant help you
    Exactly... when I read that I figured what's the point in trying.  Must be a troll.
    so they don't suck because you like them? :)  lighten up buddy.   We are humans and its about personal taste . I currently work with someone who thinks Davidoff is horrible while i do disagree with him i don't claim he is wrong .. he just dont like em thats what makes us humans. Like i said ive tried a few my father and im just not impressed. The reason i asked my question was for the experienced folks to respond  maybe someone could identify the "Type/flavor profiles etc" and could identify a cheap stick thats along the same line. I suggest you chill out and go smoke one. Remember you were a newbie once and lastly i dont like meanies :) 
    Usaf06 said:
    That was me being nice. Try connecticut wrappers.
    Ok thanks ill give those a try .I live in Florida too man i know how to stand my ground :) 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAO Flavours and Acids!!
    Those ROCK! 
    And they aren't expensive. 

Only problem is, getting that nasty smell out of everything.  :D
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like Davidoff then try Avo. They can be in the 5-8 range
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Some are great one day and not so much the next time.
    So true, what you just ate, didn’t eat, what you are drinking, what mood you are in, whether you rush or take your time with it, how long it rests, all seem to play into it.  I may love one and then next time I am wondering what happened haha.
    Thanks all for your feedback this was really helpful. 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter