Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

RP OSG For Trade

I have 12 Rocky Patel OSG robustos w/ about 2 yrs in the humi for trade. Like most Cameroons and most stuff from RP, Perdomo, Oliva and lots of others.

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    What does OSG stand for???
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Not positive, think Original Sun Grown. They haven't made these for a few years I think
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    sdip:
    Not positive, think Original Sun Grown. They haven't made these for a few years I think
    correct. they only made them for one year. in either 2001 or 02 RP was lookin to make a sun-grown cigar to compete with some of the other big names. he rolled up a bunch in a factory. i think it was about 40k -60k. something happened to the factory and it was sold or bought out or something and the blend could no longer be made. eventually a new sun grown came out to replace it but it wasnt the same.

if im not mistaken it has a Honduran sungrown wrapper and dominican and nicaraguan filler.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    sdip:
    I have 12 Rocky Patel OSG robustos w/ about 2 yrs in the humi for trade. Like most Cameroons and most stuff from RP, Perdomo, Oliva and lots of others.
    PM Sent

"Long ashes my friends."

pm back to you
  • kuzi16:
    sdip:
    correct. they only made them for one year. in either 2001 or 02 RP was lookin to make a sun-grown cigar to compete with some of the other big names. he rolled up a bunch in a factory. i think it was about 40k -60k. something happened to the factory and it was sold or bought out or something and the blend could no longer be made. eventually a new sun grown came out to replace it but it wasnt the same.

if im not mistaken it has a Honduran sungrown wrapper and dominican and nicaraguan filler.
    what do you not know?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    what do you not know?
    like many other complex systems the more you know the more questions are raised.
    i am a perpetual newbie.

as far as the OSG tastes...

it is one of my favorite RP cigars. id still take any camacho, LFD, or AVO over that but its a very solid stick. I suspect that it is nearing its peak smoking age.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    sdip:
    pm back to you
    back at ya

"Long ashes my friends."

and back