Home Non Cigar Related

Hurricane Dorian

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
All you Florida BOTL's hunker down. My thoughts and prayers headed your way. Stay safe. 

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we may dodge the bullet. We start mandatory A/B shifts tomorrow 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alec Bradley shifts?

Image result for hurricane webmd meme

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over 2300 price gouging complaints in Florida. Water, gas, motels, just about everything. Hope the vendors stores are remembered after it is over. 
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh...Yea...Happy for you guys in FL, but you have to stop sending hurricanes this way!  Looking like it might take the same path as Matthew...My day to relax yesterday turned in to a 12+ hour round trip to the coast to prep for Dorian...one boat tied tight to the lift and the other towed back home...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Brevard county may have dodged the bullet....
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst partJust passing over Jacksonville now. Got a lot of wind and rain but thankfully nothing like mathew . was well prepared . boarded windows drained some the pool. And had the generator all prepped to go.but glad I haven't needed it
    Glad to hear from you.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    The worst partJust passing over Jacksonville now. Got a lot of wind and rain but thankfully nothing like mathew . was well prepared . boarded windows drained some the pool. And had the generator all prepped to go.but glad I haven't needed it
    Glad to hear from you.
    i dont get on so much anymore. i do a little lurking from time to time, but not nearly as active as i used to be. also dont smoke as often as i used to either
    no matter where you go, there you are.

Co-worker just came into the office and said that it is starting to sprinkle here in Wilson, NC.  Raining at the coast but not too much wind - yet.  Overnight tonight is probably the worst period for our area on the coast.  They are saying the eye may make its first US landfall about 25-30 miles from our house. 

First world problems I guess.  We are lucky to have the place.  This is just one of the "costs" we have to pay for what we have...

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They closed our college for two days and the rain is starting.  We are inland a bit, so our problem might be river flooding as in the past.  Keeping our fingers crossed.
    Which college?  
    Edgecombe Community College.  All the colleges around the eastern part of the state closed.
    Yes they are...familiar with several of them...

So far so good to the west...doesn't sound like it was as bad as Florence down east or as bad as it could have been.  It certainly was  still bad enough to do damage in the area.  We are hoping we can get to our place tomorrow to see how we fared.  Our neighbor lives there full time so he might be able to give us some info sooner.
    The outer banks got hit, but inland we have been fine.  Some heavy rain and some wind last night, everything pretty calm right now.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you made it through the storm.