Home Non Cigar Related

Been A While...

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
...so how's ever'body doing?

Got a new job in Jersey working as a brakeman on the railroad. It's about a 300 mile round trip, and I'm bunking with a friend during the week/returning home on the weekends for now. Looking to move around New Years. Job's out of Swedesboro so need to make a cigar date with some of you locals @Sleddog46 @webmost @ForMud etc once things settle down to a dull roar. 

Anyhow, just wanted to drop a line. Been lurking and smoking still, just not posting much. Hope you're all doing well.
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Mark. Good to hear from you.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Mark, you are only about 20 minutes from me. Let's get together.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you, Mark.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news.  Sounds like it's perfect for you.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! I wouldn't like the weekend commute though. Hope you post some pictures now and then.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sombodies gotta fill the vacuum created by those fleeing the state for america.  :D

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Great news, Mark.  Hope it works out and life treats you right.

I was at Gettysburg yesterday.  Any time you're back around and want to hike the fields and hills, lmk.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's definitely a job right up my alley. Company I work for is very family oriented and they go above and beyond to treat their employees well. I think I've finally found my 30 year job. 

Doug @Sleddog46 I will take you up on that offer sometime very soon! Been wanting to meet you for a good while buddy. Still have your number so I'll keep you in the loop. 

Eric @Martel would love to get together again soon, my friend. Taking some vacation time later in October to play with steam trains. Might have an extra day to get together and smoke a few. I'll keep ya posted. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    P.S. I will not...repeat NOT be moving to Jersey lol. Already lived there as a kid and managed to escape. Hoping to find something on the PA side of the river. 

I will post up pics when I can. Hard to do because we're not allowed to have cell phones in train service, but gimme time lol. 
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, Mark.   She tol' me to kiss her where it smells, so I took her to New Jersey....
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations 🎉 
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Mark.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Mark, glad to hear things are working out good for you! Send that addy when you get settled in, Congrats again!
    Lol I daren't send you an addy Jim!