Home Cigar 101

To attach or not to attach...

RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
 I have been pondering the idea of attaching my humidifer to the side wall of my humi, but have been torn on the matter. I was wondering what everyones thoughts are when it comes to attaching a humidifier via of a magnet.  I have a 100 count Humi with a glass top and wasn't a fan of connecting this device to the wall in fear of leaks. ( I tend to move the sticks from time to time or make room) I can't be the only one that has thouhgt of this...or am I? Was just looking for some feed back on the matter.  Thanks again. 

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Don't have an opinion myself since I really don't know, but just be aware that humid air is heavier than non-humid air, so the humidity tends to sink down
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Don't have an opinion myself since I really don't know, but just be aware that humid air is heavier than non-humid air, so the humidity tends to sink down

Don't really have an opinion on the attaching but the humid air will actually rise because it is not as heavy as the non-humid air.

Linky
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Bah, you're right; my bad
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I guess it depends on what humi system you are using. With my humidors, the humi device is attached to the inside of the lid (they are not glass tops). Once I add fluid, I just wait a few minutes and it's ready to go, leak free.

Just for a test, try adding fluid and then leave the humi device on it's side on a paper towel out of the humidor. You will find out pretty quick if it leaks.

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    rmccloud:
    xmacro:

Don't really have an opinion on the attaching but the humid air will actually rise because it is not as heavy as the non-humid air.

Linky
    Riddle me this...what weights more, a pound of humid air or a pound of non-humid air?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    rmccloud:
    xmacro:

Linky
    Riddle me this...what weights more, a pound of humid air or a pound of non-humid air?
    A pound of bricks...duh. Tongue Tied [:S]
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    rmccloud:
    xmacro:

Linky
    Just in case you were actually hoping for an answer:

They both weigh the same - one pound.

Dur
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    rmccloud:
    xmacro:

Linky
    Nope, a pound of feathers.
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    rmccloud:
    xmacro:

Linky
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I never attach anything to the humidor anymore. its always been a bigger frustration than its worth
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    rmccloud:
    xmacro:

Linky
    Ah...damn you, gaffled again.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Happy to see that I wasn't the only one that was hot on the idea of attaching the device but thank for all the feed back on the topic. I tend to move some inventory around from time to time but I'm in the middle of re-seasoning the Humi for some new sticks. Thanks again for all the input. Cheers!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I don't attach any of mine either, just easier to take it out, move it around when I need to..e.tc.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I am in the process of agreeing...I say that because it has been my experience with three humidors that eventually whatever you attach to the underside of the lid eventually falls off...I have tried double sided 3M tape to re-attach both the hygrometer and the humidifier...so far so good. But my guess is the best method is to just lay both of them inside somewhere.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I prefer not to attach either.I did this when I got my 1st humidor, then wished later that I hadn't. I agree that it is just way easier to move around if it is loose in there.