Home Non Cigar Related

I’m just a total POS😞

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can’t believe after only 2 years since she’s been gone. I forgot our Anniversary yesterday. 

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget our anniversary every year, don't beat yourself up.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget our anniversary every year, don't beat yourself up.
    I had never ever forgotten our Anniversary. I was always the one who remembered. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone gets one, buddy, calm down and smoke a good one.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone gets one, buddy, calm down and smoke a good one.
    Or punish yourself with this 11x90 bad boy...

Don't look ↑
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this isn't the same, nor is it any help, but my mind blocks out the day my sister died, as relevant.
    The day comes and goes and then I realize it has passed.
    Often, a person's mind has a way, as was said, of dealing with pain, by blocking it out.
    I'm sorry that it happened to you.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drinking and sad songs sure don’t help. Vherf cures most every bad day. 
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Ricky.  It's been since 2008 when my wife passed, and I have since re-married.  I still beat myself up when I forget things like that.  Especially her bday.  

You'll likely never stop beating yourself up, but eventually you'll forgive yourself quicker.  

I still get really depressed at certain times of the year, and I don't even know why until I realize what day is coming up.  The anticipation leading up to, is always way worse than the actual day.  This has mellowed over the years but has not gone away completely.  And I think it's good, as it keeps her honor alive in me.

I hope soon that you'll start forgiving yourself easier / quicker. I can't say that any one thing helps with that, but the passage of time. But know that it is normal to miss dates here and there and forgive yourself for it.  
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she would forgive you.  Don't beat yourself up.  Remembering a day late is better than not at all.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me, every day is a Birthday day, every day is Independence Day, every day is Anniversary day...to loved ones lost especially the same, never forgotten and always remembered. And it takes two to celebrate, hey. So it is what it is. :)
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there brother.