Home Cigar 101

How long do Ccom humidity pillows last?

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Well, I just figured out today that I'm in the enviable position of having too many cigars and not enough humidor space. I've got another humidor coming, but it won't be here for 3 or 4 weeks, and in the meantime, I'm giving up cigars and alcohol for Lent, which means as my orders roll in, the "problem" (if you can call it that) is only going to get worse.

So the question is, will my cigars be ok for 4 weeks in the Ccom plastic bags with the Ccom humidity pillow, or should I be doing something else, like a tupperdor?

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    xmacro:
    I'm giving up cigars and alcohol for Lent
    I just died a little on the inside.

The bags would be ok, but tupperware is so cheap. If I were you, I'd grab a good sized tupperware container and store them in there. It will seal better than plastic bags and be easier to open up and find what you want. Or stare at them and drool from now until Easter.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    TatuajeVI:
    xmacro:
    I'm giving up cigars and alcohol for Lent
    I just died a little on the inside.
    Same here, it's gonna be a loooooong 40 days

You think the humidity packs will keep work the entire 4 weeks in the tupperware? I have tupperware overflowing in some of my kitchen cabinets, but I'm not sure the humidity pillows will hold out that long

• docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Define too many cigars. I don't think its possible. I would say good luck, but you're already as lucky as a dog with two d---s.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I believe they will last about a month or so. But all you have to do is soak it in distilled water to recharge it.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    ah, thanks :D
  • I have some sealed in the bags that are still moist after 4 months.
  • PS Jesus does not want you to give up cigars for lent.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    suretolose:
    PS Jesus does not want you to give up cigars for lent.
    Amen, Father Sureto lose... That is way more than anyone one should be expected to give up. What were you thinking !! Renegotiate your contract before it's too late. You still have a few hours.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I had all of my cigars in a ccom bag with a pillow while I was waiting for my humi. They were in there for over a month and they are still fantastic !
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    suretolose:
    PS Jesus does not want you to give up cigars for lent.

I tried the no cigars or alcohol last year for lent. Needless to say I gave it much thought about 20 days into it, and WWJD popped into my head. After deliberation upon such a question as WWJD? I knew. JWDSASAC (Jesus would drink scotch and smoke a cigar) so I did.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    SaVas you are ONE SICK PUPPY....LOL
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old joke warning!!! I gave up sex, alcohol and cigars. It was the worst five minutes of my life!
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    True story, these pillows have been around for a decade. You can keep recharging them. I asked the guy who invented them once how many times you can recharge them and he pulled one out of his suitcase to show me. It was the first one he ever made and it had been going for 10 years and he kept refilling it. He said "I have no idea because the first one is still going strong". Had to laugh. Good guy. His name was Bob and unfortunately, he lost a battle to cancer a few years ago.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have a few that have been in active duty for a few years now. They actually have a woody, tobacco smell to them and are stained as well. I don't know how the pillow color changed, but it has.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    In either tupperware or a ziplock bag, Ive never had one last less than 6 weeks before needing to be re-soaked in distilled water.

Good luck with Lent... I will think of you while Im puffin... :-)
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Alex Svenson:
    True story, these pillows have been around for a decade. You can keep recharging them. I asked the guy who invented them once how many times you can recharge them and he pulled one out of his suitcase to show me. It was the first one he ever made and it had been going for 10 years and he kept refilling it. He said "I have no idea because the first one is still going strong". Had to laugh. Good guy. His name was Bob and unfortunately, he lost a battle to cancer a few years ago.
    Now thats a Good testimony Alex! Love that guys sales pitch ! I have been wandering the same thing. I looked at them, dug dep in my biodegradeable mind and thought these Son of a **** will out live all of us!