Home General Discussion

Cigars you own but have never smoked.

ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
What do you have, want to smoke but just haven't?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Bolivar Cuban from Roger @First_Warrior but I'm saving it for a special occasion. I also have about 30 sticks from the lottery I haven't tried yet lol either.
    Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear that!   Had a Kentucky fire cured I couldn't get through the first inch.  Sitting on some opuses I'm afraid to try.  Would hate for a let down.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple club memberships and have a fair collection of odd, rare, and limited release boutiques I've not tried yet. It's nice having a bit of these around for those special days or in a time when you're just looking for something to smoke that's different. In addition to this, the main collection alone is quite daunting, and then the hand rolled cigars aging nicely and I've never tried some of them.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many to count let alon list.  Eventually they all will be smoked.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life is too short to sit on them. I smokem. I do have an old school labeled Camacho from @jlmarta that may be getting fired up soon. That thing is probably older that some of my kids.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has made me decide to smoke one of the ones I haven't tried, tomorrow. 
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I agree with Peter, every day is special! My choices in cigars is more dictated by time available to enjoy it! I would hate to have to put down a Behike 52, or a 12 year old Don Pepin Garcia ( Thanks @Bigshizza ) , and relight later. On the other hand, an Oliva G, I have no problem relighting! I love them, but at 3 dollars a stick, I can smoke them, and if I get interrupted, no big deal! Perhaps our age, and life experiences make us think that way? @peter4jc
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have cigars that I intend to smoke, that are very rare and will smoke on special occasions. 
    Partagas 150 & 160, Davidoff Royal Robusto, Royal Danish, etc.

I have been known to get in the mood for a special cigar on a non-special day, so agree with @peter4jc in that it really doesn't need to be a special day.
    Mood, time, situation all make a difference.

Just having a complete day alone with peace and quiet is enough to warrant a special cigar.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has made me decide to smoke one of the ones I haven't tried, tomorrow. 
    Which one?
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    I hear that!   Had a Kentucky fire cured I couldn't get through the first inch.  Sitting on some opuses I'm afraid to try.  Would hate for a let down.
    Ditto on the KFC. As for the Opie, I'm having that tossed in with me when in cremated so I can be smoking for eternity. 
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which one?
    The My Father La Promesa. I’ll probably some a few other new cigars over the next 2 weeks. 
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with CBuck.  Finding the right time with hopefully no interruptions to enjoy a stick I have been looking forward to is definitely part of it.  I don't want to light up and have to stop midway through.  I also have a couple of cigars (pairs) that I am hanging onto so that I can enjoy them with a particular individual.  It isn't postponing with those, rather it is that we don't see each other very often and when we do we enjoy smoking cigars together.  
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Montecristo Habana that a friend picked up in Spain.  Been sitting in the humidor for several years.  I've picked it up to smoke it several times, then put it back.  He gave me two, I smoked the first one within a few weeks of getting it.  I guess that I'm reluctant on the other, because then they'd both be gone.  Which makes no sense, which doesn't seem to matter. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some special cigars I try and lose track of so that I can enjoy them later with age on them. I'm planning on smoking every decent cigar I get at some future point.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few that are above my palate pay grade and have graciously come from members here. The one that comes to mind is “West Coast Cigars- Evil Clown”, courtesy of the @Yakster
    Don't really know why I haven’t smoked it, maybe I just like looking at it. Someday.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you Gary. How's SC treating you?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, Bro.  I frigging love it! West Columbia is very chill and still has a small town/city feel which is great for the family. 
    Soul sucking humidity on 99 degree days and Skeeters biting around the clock are things I was COMPLETELY unprepared for. 
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few Liga Privada Serie A that sit in the humidor I can’t seem to light. I have planned on smoking one a few times but then ended up grabbing a different stick because I didn’t think I had enough time to enjoy it. One day soon it will go up in smoke 💨! Being this is one of my unicorns makes it that much more difficult I guess 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many to mention
    A little dirt never hurt