Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Would someone please tell me....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
What in the hell is going on with this forum lately??  First, we’re hit with relatively frequent blank sections of the pages that no one seems to know hot to deal with and now, each time you finish reading a given thread and click on the ‘back’ symbol, instead of taking you back to where you left off it takes you all the way back to the very first post so you can re-scroll all the way to where you were so you can read the next post. 

My damned scrolling finger is about worn out. 

Maybe a moderator or other staff person could go out and hire a middle-schooler somewhere who will know how to fix this worn-out forum platform, ya s’pose?

Or at least provide me with a pack of finger splints for my scrolling finger......  😡

Rant over. Please continue......

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Mines hasn’t changed. You didn’t anger the cigar gods did you? Or at least a moderator 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried signing out ?
    Turn your device off?
    I know....I’m a tech genius. 🥴
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    deadman said:
    ? Mines hasn’t changed. You didn’t anger the cigar gods did you? Or at least a moderator 
    I’ve tried very hard to stay under the radar so the cigar gods wouldn’t notice me but, now that you mention it, I haven’t seen any sign of @CigarChick lately. Maybe she’s on vacation and has let the forum self-destruct....  (just a wild-assed guess)..

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear ya, small doses she’ll been before long
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    First, we’re hit with relatively frequent blank sections of the pages that no one seems to know hot to deal with and

now, each time you finish reading a given thread and click on the ‘back’ symbol, instead of taking you back to where you left off it takes you all the way back to the very first post so you can re-scroll all the way to where you were so you can read the next post. 

I experience the first issue frequently on my phone and am annoyed by it.

I haven't noticed the second issue at all using the Chrome browser on my phone and laptop.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Yakster said:
    jlmarta said:
    First, we’re hit with relatively frequent blank sections of the pages that no one seems to know hot to deal with and

now, each time you finish reading a given thread and click on the ‘back’ symbol, instead of taking you back to where you left off it takes you all the way back to the very first post so you can re-scroll all the way to where you were so you can read the next post. 

I experience the first issue frequently on my phone and am annoyed by it.

I haven't noticed the second issue at all using the Chrome browser on my phone and laptop.
    In my case, Chrome has no effect on this issue. I’ve tried it both ways - nada. And the issue continues. 

I personally don’t care for Chrome but that’s just my opinion......  🤓

@CigarChick, where are you??
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have that issue with any device or browser I have used.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    I do not have that issue with any device or browser I have used.
    Ah, Lad, you’re indeed a lucky fella. 🤐