Home Non Cigar Related

Horse Pucky Gobbledegook

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am working on an API to list products on eBay. Running thru tons of documentation on their vast & quite useless sandbox. These docs are replete with horse pucky gobbledegook. Like this one, under the heading API Architecture: "eBay's APIs demonstrate how eBay is leveraging technology to accelerate and disrupt commerce." Now, I ask you simply this: Who the hell is eager to "disrupt" commerce? Whoever it is, I wish they would knock it off. The only reason I would ever bore myself to tears with such documentation is the enable; not to disrupt.

Don't you see way too much worthless horse pucky everywhere? What is wrong with these people?

Needless to say, that whole page did not solve a single one of my problems this day.

Here's the statement from their top brass: “With these APIs, developers can rapidly create an integration and help accelerate buying from eBay anywhere, anytime. To me, that’s true disruption - and, it’s a leap forward for eBay developers” – Gail Frederick, Senior Director, eBay Developers Program, eBay’s Developer Ecosystem and Services

Gail ... stay home and raise your children. You have nothing to offer here.
“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn all that business jargon. I never heard of this either, so I've been googling it and, apparently they (the techies) seem to use all forms of the word disrupt in a positive sense generally, because the techies in e-commerce are disrupting B&M commerce, and that's a gain for e-commerce. 

Come to think of it, Ccom was/is a disruptor.  

And, if the products you're selling on e-bay are going to compete and outsell somebody else's similar products, then you're a disruptor.  
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike technobabble, but living and working in Silicon Valley, I hear it all to often.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I dislike technobabble, but living and working in Silicon Valley, I hear it all to often.

You must see a LOT of fake breasts.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

edited November 2019
    ShawnOL said:
    Yakster said:

You must see a LOT of fake breasts.
    Not when he's with the wife. Husbands kinda (pretend to) go blind in that situation.

And @ShawnOL, are you trying to turn this into an awesome thread? Because we could definitely do that. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not silicone, silicon.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I die and go to where ever"s next, I'm gonna shake Mr Du Pont's hand for all the good things he gave us.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomayto, Tomahto

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Yakster said:
    Not silicone, silicon.

Neither hear nor their. 

Image result for large fake breasts
    Always wanted to live in Silicone Valley😊
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I die and go to where ever"s next, I'm gonna shake Mr Du Pont's hand for all the good things he gave us.
    Wasn't one of his relatives, a convicted pedophile ,chemically  castrated with chemicals made by Du Pont?
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

Wasn't one of his relatives, a convicted pedophile ,chemically  castrated with chemicals made by Du Pont?
    That's us on the left having fun talking, laughing about fake boobs, and there you are on the right posting about pedophiles and castration.   

Fail GIF