Home Ratings & Reviews

Man In The Hat

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
These cigars recreated by Ronald Uvezian in honor of his father, Avo Uvezian , to continue his legacy of creating fine cigars. This is my first review so be gentle on me.
I got a five pack and the first look out of the box made a impression on me. 52 X 6 toro the only size they are rolled in and the cigar felt light in my hand. The wrapper was flawless. Upon a soft light I noticed a mellowness and thought the cigar might be a lightweight. The strength started to build and took on a flowerness that reminded me of some Cubans I have burned. Half way through the construction was a nice even burn that need no touchup. This cigar is rolled with great care.This cigar is no ligero bomb but has strength and flavor. A mellow sweetness comes through and the reminder of Cuban stayed strong.
The finish was without bitterness and good till the last 1/2 inch. Smoking time is 1/1/2 hours.
A great cigar in the old world tribute to a leader in the field. At $6.00 a stick and free shipping its a deal. .  

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found them really good.
    Although, he can be kind of a pain in the a$$ with his pushing the cigars.
    But I do agree, that is pretty good.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great review, I have been wondering about these for some time.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I really enjoyed them, good review Rodger.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to see a homeboy posting his own homebrewed review... wish we had more of them.

Snagged me a 5'er of the Man in the Hat, based on Roger's feedback.  Thanks.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these sticks. Man in the Hat is a very good Cigar. I have had construction issues of 2 sticks. Shipping in a small envelope might have been the culprit.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words fellows. I have found that I have to burn at least three sticks to form a opinion. I don't know if I will post another review but who knows?
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about Ronald Uvezian and Man in the Hat cigars tonight and did some poking around and it looks like the website has been shut down after Ronald's passing.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice review Rodger.

A little dirt never hurt