Home General Discussion

Cigar Lighters?

2»

Comments

• KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a little Vertigo Cyclone.  3 Jets and works great.  I have a single torch from Menards for touch ups. 
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because I like to piss people off I’m going to throw my 2 cents in and say screw xicar. They suck. Plain and simple. The only good thing about them is the warranty. I don’t need a lighter that has to be in the shop all the time. Best ones made are vertigo. And since they are so cheap to buy if something does happen it’s no sweat buy a new one. My old one made it 9 years before it finally bit the dust. 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a xikar in the junk box, soon to go to recycling. Most reliable lighter I have is a double flame z plus butane insert for a zippo case. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rocky no. No! 

Image may contain 1 person
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a xikar in the junk box, soon to go to recycling. Most reliable lighter I have is a double flame z plus butane insert for a zippo case. 

I wasn't aware they made such a thing.  I'll have to investigate.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

Rocky no. No! 

Image may contain 1 person
    So, whaddaya expect?  Ol’ Rocky’s a lawyer. Everyone knows ya can’t teach’em anything useful. 

Besides, you’ve also gotta factor-in the negative influence of dear brother Nish. It must run in the family.... 🙄
  • JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got the Bugatti B - 2002 dual flame with punch going on 8 years and I love it.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Just because I like to piss people off I’m going to throw my 2 cents in and say screw xicar. They suck. Plain and simple. The only good thing about them is the warranty. I don’t need a lighter that has to be in the shop all the time. Best ones made are vertigo. And since they are so cheap to buy if something does happen it’s no sweat buy a new one. My old one made it 9 years before it finally bit the dust. 
    I’m inclined to agree with you, Ricky. I have a couple Xikars and, as you say, they just keep traveling back and forth between me and Xikar Support. 

I think I’ll look into the Vertigo. I’d maybe go for a Zippo insert but I don’t have the shell to put it in so maybe a Vertigo this time.....  🧐
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Vertigo and it didn't work out of the box. For $12 they' sent a new one. Not a great warranty, should have been free IMO. 
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get another vertigo for 12 bucks ^.  Vertigo is a lotus product line.  Very good quality though a lot of plastic parts.  Firebird is the same for colibri. Great quality.  No, you won't be passing either vertigo or firebird down to your grandkids, but that's not the point. 

This is my favorite lighter...don't know what brand it is.  I like it because it's big and weighty.  Hybrid between a tabletop and a pocket lighter that pocket guys think is too big and tabletop fans think is too small, but I really like it. It has the cigar rest (useful novelty) and has the large thumb wheel at the bottom.  Holds a half a can of fuel, and has a window the size of a small porthole. Downside is that it's quad jet, which is a stupid overkill, but the Jets are angled in toward each other, which makes it usable on 50 + RGs. 

Don't look ↑
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know this is an old thread, but couldn't find a place to put this.

This lighter was gifted to me by an old dear departed friend. George actuality got me into enjoying cigars. When I started to use a Bic lighter to light a cigar, he handed me this and said use this instead. I torched the foot and lit the cigar and handed it back to him. He said keep it, you need a cigar lighter. Since then I have picked up several, but sometimes use it and the cutter he gave me when I stood up for his wedding.
    I can find zero markings on it and would like to know if anyone knows the make/brand it is

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't recognize it and a Google Image Search came up with bubkis.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

I looked all over it under a light and can not find a number or letter anywhere except plus and minus for the flame adjustment

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the closest I could find but yours is much nicer

https://geekhaters.com/best-cigar-lighter/

Well whatever it is, I will never part with it. It's probably some no name lighter that he got for buying several boxes.
    After he had to medically retire from being a magistrate he smoked 4 or more sticks a day.
    Punch, Olivia or Short Stories

@Bob_Luken said:
    Hey, @Diver43. I Saw this quad jet at my local b&m and I thought of your post on this thread. Message me if you are interested in me finding out more info. They had a whole spinner rack. They were branded with the B&M logo. They had silver, red and blue. And they might have triple flame or dual.

That certainly looks like it
    The one I have is a triple flame.