Home Non Cigar Related

Worst Christmas music ever.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Non Cigar Related
What's your least favorite Christmas Music?
I nominate Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmas Time
I will not provide a link. You're welcome. 

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Father Christmas by the kinks (?).

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The shorter list is the Christmas songs I like (Little drummer boy, silent night, and a few other classics).  But I'll play along and pick ones that I particularly dislike since Bob Luken took one of my top songs. Here are a few more off the top of my head.

Santa Baby - sung by anyone
    Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano is the only artist I've heard this one sung by
    I saw mommy kissing santa claus - sung by anyone

Bah!  Humbug!!!
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Shoes and Grandma got run over by a reindeer.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dad hated, still hates? Blue Christmas by Elvis. He especially hated the backup singers ooh-OOH-Ooh-ooh-ooh, (You know that part?). But I kinda' like that one myself. LOL
  • 12Ultralimited12Ultralimited Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    Many of the "best" songs have been taken, but every time I hear "Grandma Got Run Run Over by a Reindeer" I get a little twitch in my eye and if it's a silent, snowy night, I can actually hear my brain cells roasting on an open fire.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! So I am sure I will be one of the very few but I love Christmas music. I have had it on at the shop for a month now. You guys are just a bunch of haters.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dogs barking "Jingle Bells", and most / all of those listed above.  

Also, I have mixed feelings about Little Drummer Boy.  I love the tune, the song, but don't like that it adds a fiction to the story.  Luke never said anything about a little drummer boy.  This, to me, represents mythification of the story. 

Of course, I made up the word mythification, so I'm no better. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the Maria Carey Christmas stuff. Or the William Shatner Christmas album. 
    "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas"

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummer Boy
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last Christmas - Wham! 
    Anything by wham.

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas.  Ugh!  So overplayed
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst Christmas music is this new Rap/R&B remake $hit! Atrocious! And hello fellas it's been a while since I've been on the forum. Happy early Thanksgiving everyone! 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    TX98Z28 said:
    Worst Christmas music is this new Rap/R&B remake $hit! Atrocious! And hello fellas it's been a while since I've been on the forum. Happy early Thanksgiving everyone! 

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hands Down.
    "The Little Drummer Boy"
    Because every twit that brings out a new recording makes sure to turn it into the most woke and sensitive version ever made.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try getting locked into a situation where you’re unable to leave and the CD player is locked up, turned on, and is stuck on the track where Johnny Mathis is singing “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire....” over and over for hours on end. It was supposed to be set on ‘shuffle’ but wasn’t. 

Been there, done that....  😒
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Anybody doing O Holy Night. Never liked that one and over the years I’ve heard way too many “Holiday” singers butcher the vocal. To pull that tune off your vocalist needs some range. Anything less and it sounds like Roseanne singing the National Anthem 
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    5. Baby It's Cold Outside (though I sometimes waffle between this and Wonderful Christmas Time, WCT usually holds a little charm where BICO is just cringey, in spite of recent discussions that it's "empowering," and I usually enjoy a couple hearings of Sir Paul's garbage).
    4. Blue Christmas
    3. Last Christmas by Wham!
    2. Last Christmas by Taylor Swift (why, just why?  Why? Why cover an awful song and do a WORSE job of it?)
    1. Christmas Shoes  (There can be no debate. Any other choice for #1 is anathema and unacceptable.)
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Martel.....you sir are absolutely correct with your #1.  How it took this long for someone to mention it, I'll never know. 
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of it!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't look ↑
    Oh, and this one keeps playing when you tell Alexa to play Christmas music
    https://youtu.be/5cdcemzTjDc
    Don't look ↑
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I love TMBG!  This isn't Christmas, though, so Alexa is confused.

This particular song is from a kids album.  And there are some weird things you kinda have to know from them for this to seem anywhere close to "normal."
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    edited December 2019
    Went to Walmart.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" on the store speakers.
    Wish I knew who the "singer" was.
    If I wasn't already turned off by Christmas music I would be now.
    Absolutely the worst version I have ever heard.
    Ridiculously slowed down, lasted twice as long as it should.
    He was trying to make the listeners cry.
    edited December 2019
    forum hosed so a double post........so impeach me
    Done ^ 
    Don't look ↑