Home General Discussion

C.Com and the USPS

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in General Discussion
Ord. # CG020669115 placed on 11/21 and I paid for USPS priority service.
It evidently has been to San Francisco.
When I asked C.Com what paying for priority service did for me they closed the question with out answering.
Still not here, 11/21 11/22 11/23 11/24 11/25 11/26 11/27 and still no cigars.

Go to the USPS help pages and try to send a question specific complaint.
Go to the refund page and see if you can figure it out.
It is made to frustrate you and make you throw your hands up. Built by Schitf and democrats?

November 26, 2019, 10:08 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item arrived at our MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on November 26, 2019 at 10:08 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Post edited by jd50ae on

Best Answer

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Package delivered at 210pm. Still no answers.

Answers

I could have walked it to my home from the last destination by now.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it when a man can figure out the solutions to his own problems ^.  Yeah, the post office sucks bro, but I don't think it's ccom's issue, unless they didn't send it priority.

Unless, what you're really saying is that you're running out of cigars....do your coolers have room?
    Don't look ↑
    I have been out of cigars since before I ordered them. Normally would not mention it but I just don't give a flying **** anymore. And it was an order for Backwoods.
    November 26, 2019, 10:08 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
    Your item arrived at our MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on November 26, 2019 at 10:08 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 25, 2019
    In Transit to Next Facility

November 24, 2019, 8:35 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    DES MOINES IA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 23, 2019, 7:13 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 23, 2019, 7:12 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    SAN FRANCISCO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

November 21, 2019
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
    Pre shipment? USPS awaiting Item? What kind of crap is that?
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    You placed your order on 11/21, a Thursday. Ccom ships the end of the following day, so the USPS got the package Friday evening. USPS Propriety promises to deliver in 3 business days, the first full business day was Monday the 25th. The package would be overdue if it's not delivered today

Edit, didn't see your time line when I posted

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

jd50ae said:
    <snip>
    Pre shipment? USPS awaiting Item? What kind of crap is that?

Pre-shipment is when Ccom creates a shipping label, lets the USPS know it has a package

From the timeline you posted, It looks like the package originated in San Francisco

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    USPS    Unbelievably Slow Postal Service
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venting?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last Wednesday, I ordered a pair of blue blocking readers off Amazon. Next morning I checked to see if it had shipped. Web page said "Out For Delivery". Page had a map showing where the Amazon truck was about a mile and a half down the way. Told me 8 more deliveries before mine. Fascinating. Suddenly, the dot clicked on down the road, and it said 7 more deliveries. Now I had to watch it come. Hung a left off the main road, another left into our development, another left onto the road that circles thru our development. What happened to the right turn only rule? I dunno. 6 stops, 5 stops, 4 stops, on round the circle, bing bam boom. Maybe 10 or 12 minutes at most between the time I first got hooked by this map and the moment when the dog, unable to read a web page, started barking at the door. Time I lifted the shade and peered out the window, that truck had scooted.

So the good news is, some things are working better and better each day. Heck, this time last year Amazon was delivering via USPS.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get Amazon deliveries from both UPS and USPS depending on the end shipper and the size of the item.  But I agree, their info is excellent.
    I have never had a problem with Amazon, delivery is always when they say it will be. And that includes no shipping charges for the delivery. But they don't sell cigars. 
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    I have never had a problem with Amazon, delivery is always when they say it will be. And that includes no shipping charges for the delivery. But they don't sell cigars. 
    Perhaps if Amazon did sell cigars then the Gornment would back off all of their planned restrictions of internet sales of hand made cigars, just saying.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
    TBonz said:
    We get Amazon deliveries from both UPS and USPS depending on the end shipper and the size of the item.  But I agree, their info is excellent.
    Not round here no more. Amazon delivers with its own fleet of trucks.

Perhaps you don't have an Amazon warehouse close enough.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Around here Amazon delivers using the driver's own personal vehicles, no uniforms, not very professional.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    The original champ is McMaster Carr. First time I ordered from them I needed the finishing touch for automobile hand controls I was making for my crippled grand daughter. 3/8" fine thread left threaded nuts, IIRC. They have every oddball thing you can think of. My machinist friend says try McMaster Carr. Put my order in around 9 am. At lunch, my wife calls me "You have a package here." I call up my machinist friend. He answers the phone saying: "Your nuts are already there, aren't they?" He was just waiting to tell me. Swear to God. They don't use USPS, UPS, FedEx, not even DHML ... they use Rocket Express. Just like the name says. Fastest outfit on wheels. Still faster than Amazon, to this day.

So there is some stuff that works in this world. Just none of it is subsidized by govt.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Government mission statement :  We're not happy till you're not happy.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Wow, this forum lets you answer your own questions and accept the answers. I'm getting the 1000 questions answered badge by tomorrow!
    jd50ae said:
    When I asked C.Com what paying for priority service did for me they closed the question with out answering.

And by the way, I would love to see the professional, calm message that you sent ccomm that they summarily dismissed without answering LOL...  B)
    Don't look ↑
     :'( Too much askew round here. I am not capable of calm, so I just leave it.
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    TBonz said:
    Not round here no more. Amazon delivers with its own fleet of trucks.

Perhaps you don't have an Amazon warehouse close enough.

Yes, there is one here but they are building a bigger one about 15 miles away...