Home General Discussion

Tempted to make a walk in humidor.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gut the steam stuff, put some shelves in and have a cool humidor. 😆
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it Tony

🤷🏻‍♂️ You already have your tools out from the kitchen 
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put it IN the kitchen.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you're serious about it, I wouldn't pay nearly full price for that if it's used. A new sauna that size is just under $1,000 and another person's sweat automatically deducts $500 as far as I see it. Then, you've got the makings of a neat little walk-in. It will still need some upgrades to make it any good though. Of course, I'd make one myself instead with white cedar planks, foam board insulation and a vapor barrier -utilizing a standard hall closet as the space.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Like, @BKDog says, you're way better off starting from scratch and building it right.  It's doubtful that a sauna is sealed well enough.  I don't know about the great Northwest, but around here it would need to be climate controlled - like a wineador - because I don't run my a/c all that much in the summer and it gets way too dry in the winter.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I'd pay extra for someone else's sweat!
    Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not? You sure have the talent.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Reddit for you ^
    Don't look ↑
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea Reddit is pretty toxic like that.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience for what it's worth, I really like your idea. I've just been eyeing one of those saunas for more than a year now and haven't pulled the trigger to get one yet. I'd use it as a sauna, though. B)
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."