Home Cigar 101

Man o War Seconds?

Just tried my first MoW and WOW! Since I have too much Scottish blood in me, I like bargans. They say other than a slight cosmetic blemish it's the exact cigar. What say you all the wise Cigar people out there? Yea or Nea?

Comments

• nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely yea!! MoW Segundos and anything else segundos (seconds) are my fvorite kinds of cigars. The value of a cigar shouldn't be determinded with a price no matter how cheap or expesive, but that's just my opinion.
  • rigth there with you...I have some Alec Bradley seconds (of the maxx) and they are one of my favorite smokes!.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I bought some ITC 10yr seconds about 6 mos. ago, they are great. I will be buying some MoW seconds soon enough. I like the MoW and with a little rest they are really good. I wish we could get some Ruination segundos
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    So far, I have tried RP Vintage 92 and RP Olde World Reserve seconds. Great smokes and GREAT prices.

"Long ashes my friends."

• bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Seconds are great buys. The only thing I've found from my experience is usually the seconds aren't aged as long by the manufacturer. I figure that's where part of the savings comes from. But put a little time in and age em yourself and usually you'll find a cigar that's just about as good as the first.
  • Yep. What everybody else said.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Where do you get seconds?
    Diamondog:
    Cigar.com has seconds under the Segundos section.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nightmaremike31:
    Diamondog:
    Cigar.com has seconds under the Segundos section.

They may have seconds under the "Segundos" identifier but none are shown for MOW, which is what was asked about. Also, of the sticks that ARE listed there, I clicked on a random half-dozen or so and found two things: Nowhere did the word 'seconds' or 'segundos' appear in the ones I looked at and, secondly, the prices shown for some of those 'segundos' would rival the price of first-class sticks in a lot of places.

Just my humble $.02 worth.

Marty

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i saw MoW about 1/2 way down. i didnt see runiation
    kuzi16:

Well, my path to the 'Segundos' section was as follows: Home>cigars>brands. Then, way down in the lower right hand corner of the 'brands' page is the 'Segundos' section. Here's a link to a screenshot of the entire list as it appears on my screen: http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad30/jlmarta/Segundos/?action=edit&current=ScreenHunter_030.jpg

It starts with Slow Aged 826 by Perdomo and ends with Zino Platinum Scepter. I don't see any MOW of any kind in this list.

It's no wonder I'm confoozed, eh? Was I supposed to find a 'Segundos' section somewhere else?

Marty

jlmarta:
    kuzi16:

Well, my path to the 'Segundos' section was as follows: Home>cigars>brands. Then, way down in the lower right hand corner of the 'brands' page is the 'Segundos' section. Here's a link to a screenshot of the entire list as it appears on my screen: http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad30/jlmarta/Segundos/?action=edit&current=ScreenHunter_030.jpg

It starts with Slow Aged 826 by Perdomo and ends with Zino Platinum Scepter. I don't see any MOW of any kind in this list.

It's no wonder I'm confoozed, eh? Was I supposed to find a 'Segundos' section somewhere else?

Marty

Psst. You need to click on the word "Segundos".
    If I cut & paste the link you provided I get what you got. However, if I take it step by step I get as far as the 'cigars' tab. When I put my cursor on 'cigars', a drop-down list appears and the only selection that's close is 'brands'. If I click on that, I end up back where I showed you with the link I sent.

Just another reason why I feel the webmaster needs to have another look at the whole website. And I still say we shouldn't have to be programmers to be able to use this forum.......the webmaster should make it (in my case, at least) dummy-friendly.

Marty

jlmarta:
    When I put my cursor on 'cigars', a drop-down list appears and the only selection that's close is 'brands'. If I click on that, I end up back where I showed you with the link I sent
    You're almost there Marty, now CLICK on the RED WORD "Segundos"

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    One of the probably 10 best smokes I have ever had was the 25 count box of RP Edge Seconds I bought around 5 years ago now---before Rocky tried rivaling Gurkha for most sticks on the market. No bands or cellos, just 25 in a shaggy kind of wooden box. Fantastic---wish I could get my hand on more

Speaking of Rocky, why he never made more of the Edge Sumatra I will never understand.
    nightmaremike31:
    jlmarta:
    When I put my cursor on 'cigars', a drop-down list appears and the only selection that's close is 'brands'. If I click on that, I end up back where I showed you with the link I sent

See? I knew it! I'm just too damned dumb to navigate my way around this website/forum without help. With a list of items appearing below the 'Segundos' identifier, I would never have thought anything other than that which was shown was the complete list. Sorry I took up everybody's time, guys. Thanks for straightening me out.

Marty

jlmarta:
    nightmaremike31:
    jlmarta:
    See? I knew it! I'm just too damned dumb to navigate my way around this website/forum without help. With a list of items appearing below the 'Segundos' identifier, I would never have thought anything other than that which was shown was the complete list. Sorry I took up everybody's time, guys. Thanks for straightening me out.

Marty

Aw Marty, don't be so hard on yourself. I couldn't begin to tell you how many things I've missed that were right under my nose. I look back at my highschool days and realize how many times I had the opportunity to do some amazing things with some wicked hot ladies... If I only would have known.

But that's why we help each other out here. We are BsOTL.
    Thanks for the kind words, Mike. They're appreciated.

Marty

• i just bought one, i have it resting right now, getting excited to try it..