Home Non Cigar Related

Uninstalling GOOGLE

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Non Cigar Related
It has become so flaky the only thing I can think of is to remove it and re-install.
Has anyone here removed Google and did you have PC problems after?

I just ran Ccleaner and it found 1209 trackers in Google.

EDITED for Ccleaner
Post edited by jd50ae on

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, why haven’t you been running CCleaner more regularly?  Let it do its job.....  🤓
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    jlmarta said:
    So, why haven’t you been running CCleaner more regularly?  Let it do its job.....  🤓
    Because they went stupid about 6 months ago and I removed it.
    Just re-installed because when I checked their site it was obvious they have cleaned up their act.
    The edit was an attempt to make sure everyone knew how much Google sticks their nose where it does not belong.

My question is and was, "Has anyone ever removed Google?".

EDITED: To make it as simple as I can
    Post edited by jd50ae on
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    jd50ae said:
    jlmarta said:
    Because they went stupid about 6 months ago and I removed it.
    Just re-installed because when I checked their site it was obvious they have cleaned up their act.
    The edit was an attempt to make sure everyone knew how much Google sticks their nose where it does not belong.

My question is and was, "Has anyone ever removed Google?".
    Wait - who went stupid?  CCleaner?  Or Google?

Never mind. I think I get it.....  🤪
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Google product are you wanting to remove and reinstall on what device?

Is this the Chrome browser on a Windows PC?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited December 2019
    Win 10 PC, and yes the browser.

The reason I am asking is there are all sorts of "how to" when you do a search but none mention any problems after the removal. How many times have we done a removal just to be surprised because of problems caused and unaddressed by a removal?
    I rather trust 1st hand experience.

I have use "REVO" uninstaller and it allows 3 different levels of uninstall. How deep do I dare go?

PS There are a ton of complaints showing up about Google on the net.
    Not familiar with Revo uninstaller but there shouldn't be any problem uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome. Up to you if you save your bookmarks and settings first.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, one should never, ever install Google Chrome browser, always use and trust Firefox. If you've got a restore point prior to installing that Google Ware, you could reset the clock so to speak. You could also try your luck at running a really comprehensive registry cleaner like REGVAC (because CCleaner may be decent but it's not a great registry cleaner). Aside from doing this, I'd consider a fresh install or repair option of the OS.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    Did a simple uninstall. Reinstalled a day later. Fine for about 20 minutes and back to being useless.
    I use Firefox. Added Adblock Plus and Malwarebytes extension.
    Other the having to ask for a OTP from Amazon 6 times it appears to be working fine. Anyway, it runs circles around Google.
    edited December 2019
    BKDog said:
    Yeah, one should never, ever install Google Chrome browser, always use and trust Firefox. If you've got a restore point prior to installing that Google Ware, you could reset the clock so to speak. You could also try your luck at running a really comprehensive registry cleaner like REGVAC (because CCleaner may be decent but it's not a great registry cleaner). Aside from doing this, I'd consider a fresh install or repair option of the OS.daves a blank box on the

REGVAC downloaded. WOW was 1st impression. Then it got "stuck" as per REGVACs warning. After 45 min of being stuck, I touched the mouse and got the famous message, "program is not responding". Closed and tried re-loading it, and it starts to open but does not finish and leaves a blank box on the screen. Uninstalled it with detail via REVO uninstaller. Will download it again later and give it a 2nd chance.
    Just did a search on the net. Figured I would pose persistent pesky problems to a real person. 100s of RegVac entries. Not one working e-mail or phone number. Don't know what that means. Even clicked on a few "RegVac" pages, they all seem to have become something else. Shame, it looked like one h.ell of a registry cleaner. And to be honest I did not come across one complaint.

PS But Google is gone.
    Post edited by jd50ae on
    That felt so good I am going to quit Amazon.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    BKDog said:
    Yeah, one should never, ever install Google Chrome browser, always use and trust Firefox. If you've got a restore point prior to installing that Google Ware, you could reset the clock so to speak. You could also try your luck at running a really comprehensive registry cleaner like REGVAC (because CCleaner may be decent but it's not a great registry cleaner). Aside from doing this, I'd consider a fresh install or repair option of the OS.daves a blank box on the

REGVAC downloaded. WOW was 1st impression. Then it got "stuck" as per REGVACs warning. After 45 min of being stuck, I touched the mouse and got the famous message, "program is not responding". Closed and tried re-loading it, and it starts to open but does not finish and leaves a blank box on the screen. Uninstalled it with detail via REVO uninstaller. Will download it again later and give it a 2nd chance.
    Just did a search on the net. Figured I would pose persistent pesky problems to a real person. 100s of RegVac entries. Not one working e-mail or phone number. Don't know what that means. Even clicked on a few "RegVac" pages, they all seem to have become something else. Shame, it looked like one h.ell of a registry cleaner. And to be honest I did not come across one complaint.

PS But Google is gone.

Interesting. I have my RegVac from about 10 years ago, portable version for USB stick and the application and it still updates, but it is a paid version.Did you try the website? http://regvac.com/regvac.htm

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    @BKDog Yes, yes I did.

Well now, it now appears that uninstalling Google is helping me drop Amazon. Even though I have been watching Prime Video on Firefox for a very long time, I can no longer. When  I queried the overly intelligent duffs at Amazon they suggested I update Google to fix the problem. Does Amazon own Google? Does Google own Amazon? Or are they just sleeping with each other?
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit using google several years ago, especially on my mobile phones and tablets. They track your every move...even when you have disabled tracking in the settings. Also I got tired of getting a ton of spam emails anytime I searched for something in google...all relating to the subject that I searched for. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the thought of someone tracking me.  It keeps me from feeling all alone in the world, like my existence matters to someone.  Thank you google.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    If you want to be tracked and hacked, get a Ring video doorbell.