Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite Rum Cocktail Recipies

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
Share your favorites here, I'm looking to mix it up with rum.

I recently squeezed a lime into a glass and added rum and diet ginger ale mix from the Sodastream, but I'm thinking I could do better.
I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiced rum, Krakken or Sailor Jerry's & diet pepsi.  Tastes like an old fashioned cream soda.   Use pineapple juice & orange juice at about a 50/50 mix and you'll end up with those decadent ( to the kid in me anyway) orange cream filled ice cream sticks.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 part rum to 2 parts coke.  My secret recipe.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Coconut rum and egg nog Is good.
    Spiced rum and eggnog is also good.

Add rum to taste.

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiced rum and orange soda. Tastes like an orange creamsicle. Or on the rocks is also a favorite.
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get some good dark rum. I like Rhum Barbancourt or Hamilton Pot still Jamaican black rum. There's plenty of other good ones also. Then make an Old Fashioned. I prefer to use a brown sugar simple syrup. I also like to put one dash of Fee Brothers Orange bitters in addition to the Angostura bitters.

By the way, both of the rums that I mentioned should be able to be had for under $30.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Rum, coke, lime juice, dash of bitters.  Classic. I don't go too fancy with my rum drinking.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Ever since the Reno, I've kept some Papa's Pilar on hand. It usually gets ignored sitting behind taller whiskey bottles but, not tonight.

Ever since @b@Bob_Luken gave me a bottle at last years' Excellent herf, I've kept some Papa's Pilar on hand. It usually gets ignored sitting behind taller whiskey bottles but, not tonight.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rum night... okay

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless I stop off for some Papa's Pilar, I think I'm almost out of Rum.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Rum and Coke and lime is the only choice for me. Well, sometimes I don't have fresh lime.
    Cruzan is the only Rum for me. Read an article on rum profiles. I had never drank Cruzan before. Did my own taste test with the rums I normally bought and a couple others, and for the first time, Cruzan. Never looked back.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing beats watching Peter mix rum with rum and line up a rum chaser. It was a beautiful thing.
    I've been drinking a lot of the Cosco rum. $15 for a 1.75L bottle that I believe is made by Sailer Jerry. I drink it on the rocks.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is on sale for $6.00 a bottle here.
    Not bad on the rocks but better mixed with ginger beer!
    Hope to get out early enough to join in the rum herf tonight!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Tried to Papa's Pilar dark rum in Sherry on the vHerf, delicious.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    1 part coconut rum, 2 parts pineapple juice.

Rum and eggnog, just this time of year.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite for this time of year is hot buttered rum. 

Ingredients:
    1 lb butter, softened
    1 qt vanilla ice cream, softened
    1 lb brown sugar

Gently stir the softened ice cream and butter together and then fold  in the brown sugar. You want it well mixed but not beaten. 

Place two dollops (or fully rounded tablespoons) of the batter in a mug, add a jigger of rum, and fill with hot water. 

You can sprinkle some nutmeg on top, if you like. 

Cheers!!  🎅🏼🎄