The New Guy checking in.

From The NoVa area.

Comments

• golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    welcome....where is the Nova area?
  • shehanshehan Posts: 10
    alexandria here...
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Welcome to the Forum. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hello new guy :D.
    I'm a new guy too, just slightly less so.
  • LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    One newbie to another..welcome..what's your favorite smoke?

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Welcome from this newbie as well. Please share some of your cigar smoking experiences with us.
  • phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    Welcome to cigar.com to all of you new guys. Please feel free to tell us a little about yourselves. The internet is no place to be shy.

Dave
  • matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54

phisherman:
    Welcome to cigar.com to all of you new guys. Please feel free to tell us a little about yourselves. The internet is no place to be shy.

Dave

Thankfully we are here talking about cigars. In that Dave is right no place to be shy. I am new to this cigar business too. So far I like what I smell and taste and am looking forward to the wide open world in front of me. I have recently made a large purchase of mostly Gurkha cigars, but I also got a sampler from the 4 review guys in the catalog that should expand my horizons. I will post my reviews of each in the review forum if others are interested in a fresh take on the cigars. Just follow my path as I post more and more. I am hoping to get in on that pay it forward deal. That will have to wait til I get to the states unfortunately.

-Matt

"Keep them smoking jackets on and maybe bunnies will come to you." -Me

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a catalog of cigars that ive smoked. its helped me undertsand cigars on a level that i never would have before. if you would like to read it you can find it here:

http://www.eotacforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=40819

(I hope to post in that again soon for those of you who have followed that over the past few years)

we are all glad to help you learn about cigars in any way we can. just ask. we wont make fun of you (much). None of us were born cigar experts, and in all reality few of us are.

Personally, I am a beginning cigar smoker of about 3 years now. I have learned a lot in the past few years.
    ...so much infact that i have FINALLY learned that i know nothing at all. I hope it continues like that for a long time.

I, like others here, are glad to share what we know because were were, and still are in the same place you are: Still learning.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Hear ...Hear Kuzi. I've been a cigar smoker for only 2 years and totally agree with what you say.
    Thanks to all that have helped me so far and to all of you that will help me in the future!!!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome mongo! :D
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to our slice of heaven
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    You guys are talking to a ghost. Check the post date and count. This guy hasn't been on here in 5 years.
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Happy Halloween
    Mongo like candy.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    You guys are talking to a ghost. Check the post date and count. This guy hasn't been on here in 5 years.
    Well, it must be a Seance!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    lmfoa
  • Welcome to the recent arrivals. Stick around.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    WTF.. How does a thread from 2008 make it back. It must have been on page 2000.
    kaspera79:
    ddubridge:
    WTF.. How does a thread from 2008 make it back. It must have been on page 2000.
    It's all done with used Disney Animatronics equipment ;)