Home Cigar 101

Ever notice a cigar taste flat for lack of a better word?

Spyk_Saturn12Spyk_Saturn12 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
Maybe this sounds really wired but usually when I smoke a cigar I get almost a feeling of carbonation in my mouth that I absolutely adore. The last few I had that were the same brand and make almost tasted like if you were to compare drinking a Coke after eating a habanero. The fizz is gone because your taste buds are fried. Also a much more sweetness like a licorice especial when retrohale through the nose. Does this make any sense and is there a way to get that carbonation feeling back?

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you smoke too many cigars, your tastebuds take a beating.
    Give them time to come back.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Spyk_Saturn12Spyk_Saturn12 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    Thanks @0patience. So it is a similar effect then. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other things can affect your taste buds, colds, zinc from lozenges or denture creams, and just day to day variations.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allergy nasal spray medicine, especially Nasonex will ruin taste and smell.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    So funny thing. Tried a nice sundried Rocky tonight and I got perfect flavor. It's funny you guys just mentioned this because I only smoke a cigar a night and I researched the hell out of the taste buds being fried and most complain about it after a heavy night or smoking multiple times a day. I do, however, have bad sinuses from time to time and I was actually sneezing and dripping (TMI sorry guys) the last couple nights from retrohale through my nose. Also could taste that odd sweetened flavor that was almost sickening from doing that. No issues at all tonight. I was wondering if it might be that or from a poorly kept humidor room since I bought it from a different one tonight.
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Prez Clinton, he use too...dunno.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, hand rolled premium cigars can be inconsistent in burn and flavor. There's a lot of variables with a hand made product.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then there are virii, maybe your immune system is keeping them down to sub-noticeable levels. Does food taste flat also?
    @silvermouse no everything tastes normal now. Last night cigar tasted great. I didn't pay attention to food so much when I was having the sinus issue. Just glad it's back to normal now.