Home General Discussion

Meet up in Houston??

Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm leaving the igloo for a while and heading for Houston for a week+ and like to meet some B/SOTL while there. Anyone in the Houston area want to do a mini herf? I'm there from this Friday until Monday the 20th. 
Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget to bring plenty of shorts, high was about 70* today. What part of Houston are you gonna be staying?
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shorts are all I'm packing! 40 below zero here so 70 sounds good. I'll be near all the hospitals, across the street from the Astrodome. 
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I'm too far away to meet up but spent a good amount of time in Houston when I was younger (relatives lived there).  Every time I visited or they came east, I was sure to get some Antone's Po-Boys (https://antones1962.com).  Do yourself a favor if you have time and visit one of their shops for some nice sandwiches.

Looks like they have a location near the Med Center and a much broader menu than they used to have.  I always went with the Original Po-Boy...
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safe travels, Brother.   Make sure your better 3/4's knows to call me if there's any problems.
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did!

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for not replying sooner (forgot). Yeah you're staying a solid hour from where I live. I honestly rarely ever go into Houston. Say how about that 82* Winter weather today?
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.