Home General Discussion

Introducing Cigars to a New Humidor

I got a new Humidor and am on day 4 of seasoning. My cigars are currently in tupperdor and have been cruising for a yr plus at 68-70 RH. When I transfer them to the new humidor, should I do it slowly over several days, or could I do it all at once?

Best Answer

Answers

• CypherCypher Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response. Hopefully I have answered everything below.

Simple...I have to store my
    cigars in the basement, as temp is more consistent than 3rd floor which will hit mid 70's during summer days and 68 at night. Only mid floor and basement maintain consistent temps in summer, and the wife does not want Tupperware just sitting out in the main living area. I am tired of going to the basement to grab some sticks. So, I bought a quality humidor that has the exterior of furniture.  Wife is happy and I do not have to go down to the basement to grab a stick. Happy wife, happy life.

Tupperdors are great, but I have never had a problem with RH control in any humidor.  I don't buy crap and I take the time to season it properly.  I also enjoy the process of maintaining my cigars as well as the collector aspect of the hobby...in addition to actually enjoying my sticks.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cypher said:
    I don't buy crap and I take the time to season it properly.  I also enjoy the process of maintaining my cigars as well as the collector aspect of the hobby...in addition to actually enjoying my sticks.
    This made me laugh.
    Thanks for that.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.