Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

So Happens It's Tuesday but on Thursday

PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been searching far and wide for a yearly release beer that gets harder for me to track down every year.  I asked David @NorCalR1 if he has access to it, he told me he would look around and how many I wanted.  I told him at least two and let me know cost and I will gladly cover shipping too.  Not only did David go way out of his way in California traffic to pick me up a couple, he sent way more than I was expecting!  On top of that extreme generosity he blows my nonexistent ass up with a crazy good selection of smokes.  Thank you very much!  Wowzers!  Love you like a brother.  Thank you again!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
MOW badge received.

Comments

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AWSOME!
    Nicely done David! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice David 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing, @NorCalR1, that you drove all the way to Anaheim to pick this up :D
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Amazing, @NorCalR1, that you drove all the way to Anaheim to pick this up :D
    That was a Disneyland trip for the little but I did have to go to San Francisco to grab them. Scored myself a few Founders bombers for myself. Enjoy @Patrickbrick glad they survived the trip 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that stuff is “Stout” at 14%ABV! 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is the same as the 18 edition 15%.  It's big brother Black Tuesday rings in at 20+%.  If it's not at least 10% why bother drinking it, at least that's my motto.  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    @Patrickbrick Looks like their 2016 release was 14%, 2017 was 14.6%, the release you have is indeed 15%. Had to crank the brightness up and zoom in to see it is not 14%.

Yeah I'm with you on the alcohol content minimum, unfortunately I'm allergic to wheat so can only drink GF beer, strongest I've found thats gluten free is Green's Quest Triple Blonde Ale it's 8.5% and damn good beer, only draw back is a case of 12 16.9oz bottles is about $65, its imported from Belgium.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to start brewing your own GF beer.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

MOW badge received.
    https://www.thebruery.com/beer/so-happens-its-tuesday-2016?category=annual-release

Strange, two 2016 releases with different alcohol contents.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    https://www.thebruery.com/beer/so-happens-its-tuesday-2016?category=annual-release

They have to keep it at 14% on their website for legal reasons, just like the muscle car manufacturers in the late 60's and early 70's had to understate their HP for insurance purposes.  :smile:
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    TX98Z28 said:

They have to keep it at 14% on their website for legal reasons, just like the muscle car manufacturers in the late 60's and early 70's had to understate their HP for insurance purposes.  :smile:
    Different states have different regulations as well. I know the Bourbon County has brewed it with two ABVs in the past for this reason. Some states don't consider it beer anymore above a certain percent. Then they're getting into a whole mess with distribution.
    Enjoy my friend, that lizard king is awesome, I think you will enjoy it.
    MOW badge received.