Home General Discussion

Double robusto

Hi guys. Been a bit since I've been on. Had the dreaded flu and tried to smoke a cigar. One of my tonsils was swollen at the time because it was just getting ready to hit and let me tell ya, all I could taste was tonsil funk. Don't repeat my mistake 😅. 

Anyways I've come to find the double robusto to be my favorite size cigar. Maybe it's placebo but I tried the oliva v in both that side and torpedo and there was just more to be had in the double IMO. This makes me on a quest to find more cigars of this size. Taking any opinions on the matter. Thanks guys. 

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thought is that you probably shouldn't expect other cigars to continue your desired findings, that the double robusto will automatically be a better vitola.  Also, because brands use their own wording for various vitolas, you'll have to look at their actual sizes.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could try the New World Cameroon.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those ^ are 65 bucks with free shipping for the next 12 hours on the H site in the double robusto
    Don't look ↑
    With it without mold? :D

Don't look ↑
    I should find out when my Toros come in this week.

• NineToesNineToes Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    @Spyk_Saturn12, the other thing to keep in mind is if you only had one of each, that's a pretty small sample size.  Cigars can vary, and beyond that, the way we experience the cigar can change broadly based on a number of factors... what we ate, who we're with, what we're drinking, even the mood we're in.
    I have experienced this myself. One day a cigar I am really fond of just doesn't taste right at all. Same with a cigar that I didn't like the first time. Smoke another one and tastes completely different. Thought I was going crazy. Another reason to try them all,,,,,TWICE! 
  • Spyk_Saturn12Spyk_Saturn12 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the input guys. I'm noticing that tonight. A meal with ketchup is not a good cigar precursor. 
  • Spyk_Saturn12Spyk_Saturn12 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    Also it's 59 degrees out and my wife thinks it's too cold to be outside so she went back in a little upset. We might be a little spoiled here in Florida 🤣
    I'll fire up the patio heater when it dips below 40ish.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crank the fire pit up and throw on a ton of wood. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

Wool blanket.  Keeps you warm even if you leave the blanket outside.
    Don't look ↑
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    59 is just getting to flannel shirt weather. We can damn near turn the heat off when it gets that warm.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50+ is pool weather!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Pop-up ice fishing tent with a space heater. Pop-up hunting blind with a space heater. Camping tent with a space heater. All these options have zippered windows to regulate cigar smoke ventilation. 

Back to size,... different blends taste different in each of it's sizes.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Pop-up ice fishing tent with a space heater. Pop-up hunting blind with a space heater. Camping tent with a space heater. All these options have zippered windows to regulate cigar smoke ventilation. 

Back to size,... different blends taste different in each of it's sizes.
    So, size does matter...no matter what you've been told.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain