Home General Discussion

Have you ever paired your cigars with food?

What do you think of this pairing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qs-l1-pzus 
We are pairing cigars with different items, like food, drinks... whatever we can find. Any suggestions on what we should try next?

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go away....
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasteful Self-Promotion how to promote your business
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a suggestion.Try sending cigars to us, we’ll tell you what to pair them with.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Guitarded said:
    Here’s a suggestion.Try sending cigars to us, we’ll tell you what to pair them with.
    Me first. Coronas with Connecticut wrappers. Otherwise we can tell you what to do with them now.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankstradamus! 

???????? 

@VegasFrank
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FratelloCigars
    When we see an airplane towing a banner, we shoot at it. It's the first thing we think of.  

On the other hand, I would be willing to comment on the subject of eating while smoking. My instinctive reaction is to be repulsed by the idea. I won't say I'm not curious though. I usually eat first, then smoke with bourbon or scotch. An after dinner cigar is wonderful. But a during dinner cigar seems unnatural.

Who has, or does, eat while smoking? 

Bob_Luken said:
    @FratelloCigars
    When we see an airplane towing a banner, we shoot at it. It's the first thing we think of.  

On the other hand, I would be willing to comment on the subject of eating while smoking. My instinctive reaction is to be repulsed by the idea. I won't say I'm not curious though. I usually eat first, then smoke with bourbon or scotch. An after dinner cigar is wonderful. But a during dinner cigar seems unnatural.

Who has, or does, eat while smoking? 

Pondering that question myself.....can't come up with a single example...I have however smoked when I ate a pepper I should not have.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never had either until last year when I went to a buddies house to watch the super bowl. We were sitting outside watching TV on his back patio. Chicken wing in one hand a neanderthal in the other. It was a beautiful thing. You're right, it seems unnatural, but ultimately they really did go well together. It was just a lot of **** around with both hands....
    Don't look ↑
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a Whiskey and Cigar bar that has a pretty good restaurant. I once paired a Viaje Skull and Bones MOAB with a cedar planked salmon and Arugula salad with a pepper cream dressing.

It was really enjoyable. The Whistle Pig 10 year that went with it probably helped.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VegasFrank     WTF is this??
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be perfectly honest I have no earthly idea. That picture was from like 6 months ago. Everything in there is moved around. I do remember that I had a 8x80 lunatic in there on that shelf, but that doesn't look like the lunatic.
    Don't look ↑