5 to 3

USA USA USA. That is all

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Best empty net goal I've ever seen.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    What a great game ..... i get to root for my country and my home teams goalie ................ ITS MILLER TIME BABY ............................. thats for lasabar .................. where has he been lately
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    So so pissed I missed this game.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    The announcers after the game said that smart decision making without the puck kept the USA in the game. No. No. No. No. No. 42 saves on 45 shots by Ryan Miller is what kept the USA in the game! Glad we came away with the win, but poor passing kept the puck in the defensive zone way too much. They have to get that fixed. Any other goalie might have given up 6+ goals!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard the end in my car. I hope they replay it on tv so I can watch! EH!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    What a great game ..... i get to root for my country and my home teams goalie ................ ITS MILLER TIME BABY ............................. thats for lasabar .................. where has he been lately
    Plotting
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    well played sir
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Brodeur did not play very well at all. I am not dumping this on just him, but if he was playing the way he can play, it would have been a very good game.

The Canadian team seemed to be caught off gaurd by the speed of the US team, and never really seemed to adjust their game for that.

Good game for the US, and I do hope we meet them again later, as this was not the kind of game that Canadians expected to see from a group of players of this talent level.

Miller played very well, but the shot total would have been a third of what it was, if the Canadians weren't taking so many low percentage shots. Because they didn't seem willing to go to the hard places to win the wars for the puck, they were always taking low percentage shots against Miller, who can stop most shots of any kind.

Tell you what, if they meet again, it will be a different game. By that I do not mean the Canadians will win aoutomatically or anything. I am just saying they will adjust their game and it would be a different team, at least in the way they approach that next game. For one thing there will be WAY MORE banging and hitting, in the early periods, as that hard hitting style, was also missing from the Canadians. I don't know who's idea it was to play the US in that fashion, but I'll bet it won't be repeated.

Congratulations to the US team, they played very well, and Ryan Miller is awesome.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I do know that if the Americans play like that again they will get beat. Bad turn overs and not being able to break out the puck. Its going to catch them.