Home Non Cigar Related

How many people take off the day after Super Bowl

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

How many people take off the day after Super Bowl 18 votes

Take the day off to recover
22%
jlmartapeter4jcIndustMechVegasFrank 4 votes
Power through at work
77%
YankeeManMartelBob_LukenCharlieHeisFirst_WarriorUsaf06silvermouseShawnOLDiver43SmoothsticksdeadmanHeavysetrapierCalvinAndHoboTBonz 14 votes

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option 3.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power through at work
    On the way home from work now.  Took the vanpool so not driving
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I normally power through at work but I’m maxed out on vacation time so I burnt a day. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to recover but to golf.  Not this year though...too cold and windy.
    Don't look ↑
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took the day off due to too much snow. 75° yesterday and a blizzard today. That is Colorado life. Plus too many people who cant drive in crap weather so better to be safe.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power through at work
    Wanted to take the day off but just couldn't let myself.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my first time, I liked not going to work so much I took tomorrow off as well.  I'm reevaluating my retirement time frame, damn super bowl **** up my ira contributions.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power through at work
    Had friends in Austria take the day off but it didn’t come on over there until after midnight. 

I went in 
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Been taking a vacation day the 1st Monday in February for 30 years.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super Bowl?
    I have 16 hour OT this month and it's only the 3rd day of the month.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuper Bowl Sunday....just another work day for me. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power through at work
    I spend most every day in my studio. It was warm enough to turn on my window fans, crank up the compressor and clean. 
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power through at work
    Don't think I have ever taken off the day after the Super Bowl.  Came close yesterday due to a head cold that is going around.  I decided to work at home,  Watched the Super Bowl in a heated garage at my son's house (where I can smoke) mostly so I wouldn't infect the rest of the family.  
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power through at work
    Are we assuming everyone has a hangover? For me, nothing to "power through" except a normal Monday. I heard somewhere that one in ten people would call in sick the day after the Superbowl. Maybe the NFL should move it to Saturday. Nobody really want's to party on Sunday. Who hosts Sunday night parties? Nobody, unless it's the Superbowl. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I was just having fun with the responses. I didn't drink or watch the super bowl so there was no hangover or reason to miss work, but I was curious how many people take off or call out on the Monday after super bowl and find the responses interesting.

In the past, I've taken advantage of the Super Bowl to go out to eat at normally crowded restaurants that don't have TVs.

I paid attention to Super Bowl 50 because the Levi's Stadium was tied into a fixed point-to-point backhaul radio network that I maintained and there were many more agencies (FBI, Homeland Security, etc.) in town so it was critical that the back-haul worked properly. Luckily, it went off without a hitch.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )