Home General Discussion

Glue for inside tupperdor

HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have these Spanish cedar trays inside my tupperdor, and one of them broke as you can see. I'm wondering what kind of glue would be good to glue it back together, but not have an effect on the sticks in there from chemical smells and whatnot.

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used a wood glue, like Elmer's when I made my trays.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard that. Guess I give that a shot and leave it out to dry and air out for a couple of days.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't hurt to go through that waiting process, but...  it should cure overnight and be ready.  IMHO, the waiting will be more due to the curing of the glue and less for the off-gassing.  Wood glue should be water-based and no danger to cigars as far as any flavors transmitting to the sticks.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Cool. Thanks!
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Food grade silicone might be a little more pliable for the humidity fluctuations you, but regular or wood glue is just fine too.
    Don't look ↑
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple I'm not going to use I you want them. 
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

What's that? Trays?
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I bought some for my Coolidor but I had to use smaller ones. The ones I used are 7" wide but the ones I bought with the holes cut in the ends were 7.5".
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• 12Ultralimited12Ultralimited Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    Yes. I bought some for my Coolidor but I had to use smaller ones. The ones I used are 7" wide but the ones I bought with the holes cut in the ends were 7.5".
    I had the same issue when I made my Tuperdor, but I just ran the tray though a saw, took off the extra and then glued the end back on. I used the scrap ceder to add some of the sweet cedar smell to my herfador.