Home Ratings & Reviews

Tabacos Baez

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Well, I had one of these for my lunch time smoke. Never had one before and got it from Tim when I ordered those Padron 45s. I have to say, for a Don Pepin it was quite a surprise. It wasn't as spicy as his sticks normally are. It had coffee notes and was medium bodied. Razor sharp burn with a nice white ash. Firm draw. Great smoke

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Are these short fillers? Didn't I read that somewhere?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Tabacos baez SF is short filler, not the regular line.
    Thanks. Has anyone tried the SF line. If DPG makes it, would it be worth a try?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've actually heard a couple people say the SF is a more flavorful smoke. I haven't tried one yet however.
    Thanks Puro, I think I will hunt one down and give it a try.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I have a SF sitting in my humi, and I was just deciding what cigar to smoke tonight. I will smoke it and let you know what I think here in the next hour or so.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Not bad, they are okay for the first half, but really pick up at the halfway point. The first half is kinda just a ho-hum habano, nothing bad, but nothing special either. At that halfway mark, it really picks up more dimension. Nice pepper blast on the finish, kinda leathery, and some charcoal flavor. Not a bad cigar at all, I wouldn't buy a box, but they are pretty good for a budget stick from DPG.
    Hey thanks for the first hand info. I'll look for a 5 pack and give them a try.