Home Cigar 101

Help!

GAR28GAR28 Posts: 2
I was gifted these cigars by an older woman who has since passed and would love information regarding the history and possibly age of the box/cigars. Completely lost as I do not enjoy cigars but I definitely admire the craft and work that went into them. TIA
Tagged:

Comments

• firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw man thats too bad, those ones cause Herpes. You should throw them out or burn them

Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Never heard of them, but I googled it. Click on the links. Pretty interesting.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/the-canary-island-connection-7411

https://www.cigar.com/p/la-regenta-cigars/2023199/

Post edited by Bob_Luken on

@GAR28 How have you been storing these? Stashed in your sock drawer or in a humidor with well regulated humidity?

• GAR28GAR28 Posts: 2
    @Bob_Luken on a bookshelf with my books.

@GAR28 For how long?

I'm no expert but, these cigars are very interesting, and if they had been stored properly (generally 70 degrees Fahrenheit at 70% relative humidity), since the time they were manufactured, they could be quite valuable. As they are probably dried out and most likely will not be worth smoking, they may still have a much lesser value as a collectible item.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Never heard of a canary islands cigar. Interesting. $10k for one cigar? I'll buy a whole box!

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoke one! What’s the humidity in your house 60’s, 70’s might get lucky and still be good.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The picture you see on my profile is the winning auction to some hoya epicure no 2 that were in the worst condition I have ever seen in my entire life. The auction was for a sealed box, and it was for charity, but the next picture I have is me throwing these cigars away. If you have a buddy that knows cigars, you get them to take a look closely at the cigars... just to make sure you don’t have a box of moldy prunes...