Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Casa Magna Belicosa

I'm sitting in my shop on my lunch break smoking a 6.25" x 54 Casa Magna Belicosa. At 30 minutes in, I'm only less than two inches in to it and on my second flavor change. It began with a sweet tobacco and pepper finish; turning to slightly earthy sweetness with a cheery finish. The beautiful Colorado wrapper is holding a razor Sharp burn line. The main flavor is transitioning to a sweet woody note with the same sweet cherry on the finish, and now a hint of creamy spice as well in the finish. The ash is holding at 1 1/2 inches. More to follow, but for now it's back to cabinetmaking...

Comments

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    At a hour and a half in, I'm at the band point, and the earthy has transitioned to a sweet peppery flavor with a hint of citrus on the finish followed by a long pepper blast. This cigar most definately has my interest peaked. I've ashes once at two inches, and the next ash is holding firm at one and a half inches. There is still an element of creamy woodiness on the draw and pepper and sweet citrus on the finish. The body is a strong medium/full with 2 inches left. More to follow..
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorites......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    The last third draw flavor changed to peat and leather, with a woody, peppery, citrus finish. There was still a hint of sweetness in the draw and finish, but peppee was the dominant flavor just prior to putting it sown at the two hour mark. Construction was great, one small nick in the wrapper that never affected the draw or burn. Flavor was intense, many transitions with no muddled flavors; they were all easily identified. Burn was perfect. Overall impression: I'd easily give this stick 92.
  • Options
    Damn double, lol
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Had my first robusto a few weeks ago... loved every second...