Home General Discussion

Mold or blooms

Gindog1Gindog1 Posts: 16
edited March 2020 in General Discussion

I’ve heard several boxes of cigars stored in Tupperware with Boveda. I took out some Cubans today to smoke and they have this on them. Have not found any other in this shape.

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spores

Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it's mold.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

With all the information out there on mold on cigars, why is this even a question anymore?
    Of course it's mold.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

@Gindog1 said:
    I already have one ass hole. I just ask for one opinion. Thanks

Whhhhhooooaaaaaa!!! I like this kid! Reminds me of this....

https://youtu.be/uPE7Qr5O6Fg

Don't look ↑
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gindog1 said:
    I already have one ass hole. I just ask for one opinion. Thanks

Smoke them things. The mold can't survive the heat of a burning cigar.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

(I've told this story before so most of you can skip it. This is to @Gindog1) My first forum interaction on a different cigar forum when I was a fresh newbie left me feeling like an outsider when I asked a basic question. The two guys who happened to be responding to my thread in real time were more interested in joking among themselves. I don't recall them answering my question but I do remember the put-down for the Perdomo I was having wrapper trouble with. I didn't go back. I happened upon this fabulous forum soon after. There were enough helpful and encouraging members here to make me feel welcome. Sure, there were inside jokes I didn't get, but that was well-balanced with a lot of hospitality and invitations to participate in trades, and I felt welcomed.

So, now I'm the one who fails to answer the question, and only is willing crack jokes intended for the well established members, not concerned that the new guy might not feel included. I won't apologize for having fun or for not answering your question, since there were already several guys who confirmed that you got mold, but if I made you feel like an outsider, or unwelcome, I apologize. I want to offer an overt invitation to join in on the jokes, and everything else, and offer this advice,......don't take us too seriously. Cracking jokes on each other is the one of the most important elements to this specific community. And for some of us, grumpy replies are not uncommon, even though Tony @0patience is a great guy, believe it or not. (And, to be specific, I was trying to make fun of Tony's reaction to your question, not your question, or you.)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@peter4jc said:
    @Bob_Luken stole my sig line; he can't be trusted anymore.

Do you know why I stole it? It was a little joke intended for another thread. Did you get the joke?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah yeah, I'm an a$$hole.
    But as @Bob_Luken said, join in the fun.
    We (well some of them) are quite fun to hang around.

After you've seen the question for the hundredth time, you'll understand. ;)

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@Bob_Luken said:

@peter4jc said:
    @Bob_Luken stole my sig line; he can't be trusted anymore.

Do you know why I stole it? It was a little joke intended for another thread. Did you get the joke?

I'm too dense. It went over my head.

https://youtu.be/wtUtXRRbQR0

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TNBigfoot68 said:

@0patience said:

Actually Tony @0patience is a great guy, but as his name implies he has zero patience. However @Gindog1 we have a tradition around here, all Newbies to the forum bomb 0patience. Just pm any of us for the address. Welcome to a full introduction to nutty life of the forum.

Paul is correct All newbies must bomb Tony to pass probation. He also told when I talked to him the other day he is running low. If you need his address Msg me I can pass it along.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:

@TNBigfoot68 said:

@0patience said:

Actually Tony @0patience is a great guy, but as his name implies he has zero patience. However @Gindog1 we have a tradition around here, all Newbies to the forum bomb 0patience. Just pm any of us for the address. Welcome to a full introduction to nutty life of the forum.

Paul is correct All newbies must bomb Tony to pass probation. He also told when I talked to him the other day he is running low. If you need his address Msg me I can pass it along.

And he likes Cameroon

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    Hmm, I thought I was the A$$hole.
    @Gindog1 ignore them. They are wrong.

You know the rules Tony all newbs bomb you part of their initiation.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Gindog1Gindog1 Posts: 16

I only been smoking cigar for about two years now. I went back and looked the site and found information on YouTube. But I thought I would ask to make sure. And how to get rid of it. I didn’t want it to making me sick.
    If I understand what I read and seen it will not if I brush it off unless it inside them. I sure most of you have and are far me educated with this than me. I have two boxes of these Cubans that are doing this in my humidor. All my other cigars are loose and are not as old or in boxes.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gindog1 said:
    I only been smoking cigar for about two years now. I went back and looked the site and found information on YouTube. But I thought I would ask to make sure. And how to get rid of it. I didn’t want it to making me sick.
    If I understand what I read and seen it will not if I brush it off unless it inside them. I sure most of you have and are far me educated with this than me. I have two boxes of these Cubans that are doing this in my humidor. All my other cigars are loose and are not as old or in boxes.

Ok, in my experience Cubans are a bit more prone to mold. If it’s on the wrapper just wipe it off and go. If it’s on the foot that means it’s in the cigar and trash, toss it.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

cubans are very susceptible to mold i have found.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

He really likes Victor Sinclair

Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trouble maker.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.