Home Cigar 101

Salvage

havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
A tragedy occurred today. I was headed to a friends house with 2 VSG's, and as I leaned over my car to clear off snow they fell out of my vest pocket, into a puddle! Pretty much completely saturated on the outside. How do I salvage these magnificent sticks?

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    No idea if it'll work, but you might try dry boxing them
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dude hate to say it but I'd count it a loss
    Melting snow ain't really all that clean.

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I don't care, I'd dry box them then put them back in the humi and smoke em...ashton vsgs are ashton vsgs...doesn't get a whole lot better than that.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Now watch....lol..havana al has just found the secret to an incredible smoking experience, saturate, then dry, and then age....lol...few years we'll all be doing it.
  • havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    I put em in the driest part of the house, next to heater in the bathroom. The wrapper is starting to shrivel up and look ugly. But I will smoke these even if it kills me.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    havanaal:
    I put em in the driest part of the house, next to heater in the bathroom. The wrapper is starting to shrivel up and look ugly. But I will smoke these even if it kills me.
    The worst thing for cigars is QUICK change... I'd put them in a old cigar box with a humidity pillow, or some beads... let it SLOWLY regulate itself to a normal Rh and then let it sit... for a LONG time... then SMOKE!
    Good advice here. I put them in a box, where they will sit until presentable. The lesson I've learned is never carry loose cigars, ever. I have enough tubes sitting around, and from now on when I leave the house, every cigar will be wrapped in plastic or in a tube.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Good idea...never transport them naked...might get in trouble!!!
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Its reasons like this that I always keep the cello on.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    letsgowithbob:
    Now watch....lol..havana al has just found the secret to an incredible smoking experience, saturate, then dry, and then age....lol...few years we'll all be doing it.
    I'm glad that you clarified this for me.... that his name is "Havana Al." For some reason, all I could make of it was "Have ****."

I'm also quite curious to hear of the end result of all this. You'll have to post a review titled "Smoked a Previously Soaked VSG," or perhaps you could title it "VSG- Very Soaked 'Gar!"
    I will certainly report back on the smoking experience. I did drop a lit Gurkha Titan into the pool once, but of course that was a total loss (10 seconds after lighting it too!). I have a feeling I will have at least one soaked VSG smoked within the week, if for no other reason than 1) I'm dying to have it--which is why I took them out last Sunday to begin with and 2) I've spent so much time inspecting them now, I'm going to smoke when dry, and that's that.