Home Cigar 101

what Boveda?

Trx680Trx680 Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

I have some Rocky Patel, Hemingway short story, and some of JR Alternatives....yes, I bought them from JRs.
I like the Rocky Patel Freedom Toro and might try some different Rocky Patels.

Which humidity level Boveda packs would you recommend?
I dont have a wooden humidor but I bought a clear plastic ...Rubbermaid I think....plastic container with the rubber seal. So its sealed up well. I open it for a few moments once a week and let in some fresh air. I keep it in a room that doesnt get used with the shades down.

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

You seem to already be ahead with the Rubbermaid. Personally I 65 and 69 packs. 69s are in the boxes I am storing and and the 65s are in the main part of the cooler. It’s really a matter of preference but most on here are going to vote 65% packs. Welcome BTW

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with @deadman
    But honestly, you will have to discover for yourself what works best for you.
    Many moons ago, I started out at 70 RH on my humis.
    Then by mistake, I found that a little lower seemed to be better,until I found the number I like, which is 65-68.
    At 68, to me, they start to get mushy, lower than 65, they start to have burn/wrapper problems, in my opinion.

Gotta find what is right for you.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like 62 or 65 especially for a tupperdor, they burn well here.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Trx680Trx680 Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

How many Boveda packs do you guys have in your rubbermaid?

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rule of thumb according to boveda is one 60 gram pack for every 25 cigars

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of us recharge them. I bought a brick when I set up my cooler, then I started just throwing every one that came in a box in with them. I’m sure I’ve got about 150...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Tupperware that I use 69% bovedas. The thing stays at a constant 65% for some reason. Trial and error for some of us.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Trx680Trx680 Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

This was in my box of Hemmingway Short Story
    67% according to the pack.
    I tried finding Himidipak online and it was a line of Boveda that they discontinued in 2012