Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    We watched Locke and Key on Netflix. It was an entertaining comic, but I think it is one of the rare instances where the show is better than the source. It is fun to watch.

We got 4-5 episodes in but haven’t watched anymore in weeks

We watched onward on Disney + last night. Surprised they put it up that quick, guess no one was renting it.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

If you liked the tiger king on netflix, then you'll love the wonderful whites of west virginia on amazon.

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:
    If you liked the tiger king on netflix, then you'll love the wonderful whites of west virginia on amazon.

That’s hilarious, haven’t seen it in years

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Money Heist season 4 is out on netflix. I'm on 7 already. Very good

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ooo nice. Forgot about that coming out.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finished Ozark season 3 last night. That **** was wild.

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife and I binge watched the first season of Ozark this weekend,Two episodes of season 2 tonight. We are obviously hooked. 😬😲

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    We watched onward on Disney + last night. Surprised they put it up that quick, guess no one was renting it.

I don’t remember where I saw it, but Disney had stayed that they would be fast tracking their movies to Disney Plus to help with everyone in isolation. The did the same thing with Frozen 2. It was up there literal days after it was released.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Money Heist season 4 is out on netflix. I'm on 7 already. Very good

I do like this series. But the ending to season 4 was silly, except for the fact that leaves no doubt that they'll need a season 5 to resolve the silliness.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn’t anyone ever watch anything on Prime? Hardly ever see any recommendations...... 👴🏻

@jlmarta said:
    Doesn’t anyone ever watch anything on Prime? Hardly ever see any recommendations...... 👴🏻

😂 I watched Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always have audio and buffering problems at home with Prime that I don't get with Hulu or Netflix so I usually go there first.

We just watched the movie Midsommar with the family on Prime. Wasn't my cup of tea but my family loved it.

The Grand Tour is a good series on Prime. They have The Carol Burnett Show too.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@jlmarta said:

Prime is only for you oldfarts. Us hipsters, we be on Netflix.

• HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Word up

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I always have audio and buffering problems at home with Prime that I don't get with Hulu or Netflix so I usually go there first.

We just watched the movie Midsommar with the family on Prime. Wasn't my cup of tea but my family loved it.

The Grand Tour is a good series on Prime. They have The Carol Burnett Show too.

Grand Tour have any new episodes?
    They had one this season.
    Disappointing.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had the tv muted while on vherf last night and there were episodes of Married... With Children on that I didn't remember. Found out it's on Hulu so here we are.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rambo: Last Blood is available on Prime now. Not bad, but I guess it is what it is.

The problem I have with Amazon Prime is most of the new titles are not part of membership and you have to pay to watch. Sometimes, if you are patient and fortunate, it will be on Prime for a short period at no additional cost.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BKDog said:
    Rambo: Last Blood is available on Prime now. Not bad, but I guess it is what it is.

The problem I have with Amazon Prime is most of the new titles are not part of membership and you have to pay to watch. Sometimes, if you are patient and fortunate, it will be on Prime for a short period at no additional cost.

i haven't found a lot of good context on Prime other than Jack Ryan. I'm in need of something new to watch now so I'm looking. Going to catch up on Homeland this week and then start the search over again.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Just finished watching the BBC series Sherlock. Thought it was fairly good

Graceland on Hulu is pretty good.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

One Strange Rock on Disney+ has been an enjoyable documentary about how life came to be on Earth. Told by the astronauts and Narrated by Will Smith. NASA’s footage is absolutely gorgeous.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

What, no ones going to binge Billy the Exterminator

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok folks. Just finished all of Narcos. Loved that ****.

I'm currently in search mode for a new show to watch while I smoke. I love crime stuff. Throw some ideas at me. I'll look back through this thread too, but admittedly, this saving the world stuff has made me fat and lazy..... :D

Was thinking about trying Peaky Blinders.

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:

Bosch and Jack Ryan are about the only things on Prime that I've really liked. Also, check out The Boys. Thought that was great as well, and is just getting started.

Sadly, Prime seems lacking in great crime series like Netflix has.

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          

@skydiverD said:

Watch that, and then we'll give you more directions.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skydiverD said:

@jlmarta said:

Bosch and Jack Ryan are about the only things on Prime that I've really liked. Also, check out The Boys. Thought that was great as well, and is just getting started.

Sadly, Prime seems lacking in great crime series like Netflix has.

I agree about Bosch and Jack Ryan. Unfortunately, the season for each seems awfully short.

I’ll look into The Boys. Thankya, kind sir.... 👍

@skydiverD said:

I'm currently in search mode for a new show to watch while I smoke. I love crime stuff. Throw some ideas at me. I'll look back through this thread too, but admittedly, this saving the world stuff has made me fat and lazy..... :D

Did I mention Graceland on Hulu? It's very entertaining.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skydiverD said:

Watch Narcos Mexico next, just as good if not better.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thoroughly enjoyed sherlock on Netflix

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White