Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Official Landscaping, Lawn, Property Maintenance, Outdoor Projects Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll go over individual plants, shrubs, etc. soon. There is just to much to post at once, and to confusing with the way the photos load etc. Tomorrow I'll be smoothing mulch back over after some wild animal tonight fvcks it all up again...it never ends!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

First rose blossom of the year from the Belinda's Dream! 5 more on the plant getting ready to bloom soon, all that work is paying off!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look'N outstanding TeX.

• Options

@TruDog said:
    Look'N outstanding TeX.

Thanks dawg the grind rewards.

• Options

Got this fvcker today to do some serious driveway and property cleaning these next couple days rain pending. The 15 year old Honda GCV190, 2500PSI, 2.3GPM let me down for the last time and lets just say when I was done slamming it into the driveway it was finished! Didn't want to get one this big but the 3600PSI, 2.5GPM I ordered got major backordered so had to cancel and just went up to the next size and even bigger motor/pump. This thing is a monster!!! Takes up way more space unfortunately (not exactly planned...), weights 150lbs, no slamming it!!! lol

My only concern is on the 40*tip and pressure adjusted to lowest setting how aggressive it will be on a vehicles clear coat but I think it should be okay will see.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cut down a gig that was too close to the fence. The stump is going to be a problem for another day.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Took the picture a day to soon but this thing bloomed out of now where, trying to figure out what it is, tag missing around the base, a lot of pink roses in this bed.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Cut down a gig that was too close to the fence. The stump is going to be a problem for another day.

Post up the stump removal process, their fun fun :D

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything looks really NICE
    I have been trying to get my yard in shape but yesterday was our first rain in weeks. It's been to hot 94-96 every day and no rain to do anything to grass and trees. Once it starts raining it wont stop though
    Tx. You do good work thanks for sharing

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

@Diver43 said:
    Everything looks really NICE
    I have been trying to get my yard in shape but yesterday was our first rain in weeks. It's been to hot 94-96 every day and no rain to do anything to grass and trees. Once it starts raining it wont stop though
    Tx. You do good work thanks for sharing

Thank you for the compliment, I’m glad the major work is over with. Goal was to complete it before it heated up, I’ve learned my lesson working in 95+ temperatures not including high humidity and in direct sunlight, heat index, been close to heatstroke before that ain’t happening again.

• Options

Just finished up spraying the whole yard and most of beds, mosquitoes and fire ants just out of control! Here is what I use below, long sleeve shirt, pants, respirator and gloves on, goggles fogged up so had to be careful. PM me for a killer brew. NO flowering plants, shrubs, trees or areas with caterpillars were sprayed!!

Don’t think the neighbor was happy next door she was taking pictures of me spraying the yard by the property line but she didn’t say anything...she’s has some issues though so I don’t know what the fvck she was up to but getting somewhat close to a guy spraying poison wearing a respirator tells me her intelligence level 😜

• Options

Disclaimer...No animals were harmed before, during or after spraying.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Took the Foe 4000PSI machine back and got a new mammoth! This one puts out true 4000PSI on the glycerin filled gauges, it is insane! Just love how Simpson still try's to claim 4200PSI and 4GPM lol..no. New one according to CAT Pumps website is 4000PSI, 3.9GPM and is legit. Motor is a good ole tried and true Honda GX390, it's thirsty, drinks about .90GPH.

My wand setup 3/8" 5000PSI ball valve into the glycerin filled corrosion resistant pressure gauge. Building a different wand so can change out lengths with 1/4" quick connects, all heavy duty stainless steel connecters etc. No cheap brass ones!

Surface disk cleaner 4500PSI rated my @ss, 4000PSI already broke one.

Front apron treated 10%SH (more like 4-5% due to fast degradation) and pressure washed with surface cleaner and 15* nozzle. Driveway behind pretreated fizzing and bubbling all that mold, algae, mildew to death!

More pictures to come, did 4/5 of entire drive way. Beyond beat and burned, sun got me REAL good...should have used the SPF...

• Options
    TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

...TX, yo be baLL'n BoYee....

• Options

@TruDog said:
    ...TX, yo be baLL'n BoYee....

Thanks Dawg, I just gotta keep on grindin.

• Options

The sunburn is so bad 4 applications of 100% aloe vera gel and white shirt and I still can't be in any sunlight, starts burning like fire...got 4 hours of sleep last night...lesson learned.

So the drive way is the cleanest it has ever been. With that said some very strange peach/pinkish areas along with some gray areas also have been unmasked throughout the whole thing and I have no idea how to remove them. I thought it was rust stains at first but these have texture to them. Got two different acid concentrates to try test spots to see if they, along with the rest of the concrete can be turned bright white like a fresh poured driveway. If anyone has encountered this??? and knows what to use please feel free to chime in. Rust stains I know what to use, for these I have no clue.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

a lot of lawn fertilizers have a form of iron in them to kill moss. If the stains are mostly around the border with the lawn that would be a likely cause.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Been spreading my wood ash in the spotty areas of the lawn. Appears to be helping

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    a lot of lawn fertilizers have a form of iron in them to kill moss. If the stains are mostly around the border with the lawn that would be a likely cause.

I'm always religious about blowing the fertilizer off the driveway and road after applications but yes if thats the case then some low/medium strength acid should work hopefully. It's like this even in the middle of the apron thats what puzzles me.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been putting wood ash in my compost bin but I may have to try it on the lawn.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. And congratulations on the new home.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Grawls said:
    Closed on my new house on Friday. I’ve always wanted an epoxy coated garage floor, so this was my weekend.
    Before and after

I love epoxy floors just gotta watch cause the can get slick when wet

• Options
    GrawlsGrawls Posts: 664 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman I’ll be putting a clear coat over the epoxy in a couple days. It came with an anti-skid additive. We’ll see how well it works

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up 4 yards of mulch (two trips in neighbors truck) and spread where desired. One more item off the projects list.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@First_Warrior I had no idea azaleas could be those colors! All I've even seen is pink or white ones down here in Texas.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our woods are full of the wild ones. What you have are domesticated ones. Ours don't bloom unless they get full sun so anywhere on the edges of clearings is where they thrive.