Home General Discussion

Ultra sensitive to nicotine - Suggestions??

I have enjoyed smoking cigars for several years. But i easily get a nauseous when smoking almost any cigar. it seems that for some reason, Tatiana Flavored cigars don't make me feel sick. And I actually like them. But i really don't want to be stuck with only smoking them. I would like non flavored choices as well. But It seems like with any suggestion i try (Moroma corona, Don Tomas, conn. wrapper. Olivias, Macanudo Cafe...) , i still feel nauseous. Would anybody have any other suggestions? Is it possible that the Indonesian wrapper and the 2 year aging of the Tatianas helps? Are there any non flavored cigars similar to the Tatianas in that sense?

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you inhale your cigars? That’ll make most guys nauseous plus it’s not the accepted way to smoke a cigar, IMO.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Eat.
    Smoke after a meal.
    Have water or something to drink while smoking.
    Smoke slow. If you are getting harsh or bitter tastes, slow down.
    Like @jlmarta says, don't inhale.

The only time a cigar kicks me in the gut anymore is when I haven't eaten and have nothing to drink with it.
    Water is best, but I have a sweet tooth, so my go to is pepsi or root beer.

Coffee and cigars is a good trigger to send you for a siiting on the toilet.
    And that may also cause some stomach discomfort.

As for 'helping' the Tatianas.......
    Sorry, chill just ran down my spine.
    Nothing really helps them.

Try cameroons, sungrowns, Nicaraguan or Sumatra wrappers.

Post edited by 0patience on
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect that the flavorings in the Tatianas are sufficient that you don't need much smoke during each draw for your flavor receptors to be satisfied, but in non-flavored sticks they are not, and so you are sucking more smoke without realizing it. Nicotine enters the blood through the lungs or the mucosal membranes in the mouth. Most likely cigars containing similar levels of nicotine will be absorbed at similar levels, so that would be my guess as to why you're noticing different effects.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • fr8mannfr8mann Posts: 2

Very interesting. Thanks. And I don't inhale. Sometimes I do a very little bit though 😊 I used to smoke macanudo petite coronas. And they didn't bother me for years. But all of the sudden started to a little bit before I switched to the tatianas a couple years ago. Now I was thinking about giving them a try again. But they're too expensive. I actually just ordered some cuban delight coronas. I guess I'll see how those do....

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well don't inhale it at all. Even the smallest tiny inhale is enough to set someone off. No inhaling, no retrohaling. Tatiana's? Cuban delights? Maybe what really makes you sick to your stomach is spending more than two bucks on a cigar! :p

Often, nicotine sickness manifests itself as very much like a drop in blood sugar. One thing you can try is a piece of hard candy or a piece of chocolate. When you start feeling nauseous, pop one. That will signal to your body that you are raising your blood sugar, and some of that sickness will go away.

there are a lot of ways to trick your body into thinking you are raising your blood sugar. I drink a diet soda with all of my cigars. Even though Peter will aptly point out that diet soda has no sugar or calories, The fact is that your body thinks you're getting calories.

Kind of works the same way as hangover pills do. Those pills are giving your body the minerals it needs to trick it into thinking it is not hungover. You still have all that alcohol in your system and you're still dehydrated AF, but you don't have the massive headache.

Don't look ↑
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

Tatiana's? Cuban delights? Maybe what really makes you sick to your stomach is spending more than two bucks on a cigar! :p

>

This

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Carbs, carbs, carbs. Eat carbs before smoking. When you eat carbs, your body breaks them down into simple sugars, which are absorbed into the bloodstream. This will work in your favor against nicotine overload. Did anybody place bets on how long it would take me to mention carbs?

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you smoke regularly then you will build a tolerance.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Wow! His singing assaults my ears as badly as his attire assaults my eyes. Does this fellow have a legitimate claim to some talent or other? 🙄

edited April 2020

That's like smoking 7 Tatiana's. Both in strength and price lol

Don't look ↑

@jlmarta said:

Wow! His singing assaults my ears as badly as his attire assaults my eyes. Does this fellow have a legitimate claim to some talent or other? 🙄

He has some limited appeal. I hear reports from recent performances that he was so wasted he could hardly perform.

@Yakster said:

@jlmarta said:

He has some limited appeal. I hear reports from recent performances that he was so wasted he could hardly perform.

I can certainly see why he might have a drinking problem... or worse.... 🤐

• XWFD30XWFD30 Posts: 26

Just a thot, but would you be getting too much tar into your system?? Wondering if one of those cigar holder thingies would make a difference??

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

lmao.... what have you been searching that you got that auto correct ^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Don't look ↑
  • XWFD30XWFD30 Posts: 26

LOL save ink when you shorten wds. :-)

You might try Room 101 Breakfast in Portugal or AJ New World Cameroon, lighter morning cigars with good flavor.

edited April 2020

Or a white owl or a macanudo. I think that the least strong cigar I've ever had is a Ron Mexico, which has a picture of Michael Vick making the Heisman pose on the band. Good news is you can get them right in the middle of your price range, about $0.75 a stick!

Don't look ↑

The two I mentioned taste great, Frank.