Home General Discussion

New vHerf (Zoom)

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're switching to Zoom for the vHerf effective immediately. The Google Hangouts links will still work, but we'll be on Zoom because the performance is better and it has better features.

We set it up so that you can join at any time, like the old Google Hangouts vHerf using a link or the meeting number and password.

If you're joining on a mobile device, you'll need to download and install the Zoom app (but you don't need to create an account), but if you're on a computer you can skip this step and just join Zoom from a browser window (after clicking through a few more steps). Joining from your browser window works best on Google Chrome.

Here's the Zoom Link: HERE

The meeting number is 2619860114 or 261-986-0114 and the meeting password is vHerf2020 You can join the meeting from the Zoom website or the app by typing in this meeting number and password if you don't want to use the link.

Meeting Number 2619860114
Password vHerf2020

If you're using the app, you may need to click ** Call via Device Audio** to be able or on a computer click "Connect Computer Audio" to be able to hear and be heard on the vHerf.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
Tagged:

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the corner case where you're running a Windows computer in S-Mode and you don't want to take it out of S-Mode, you can follow the instructions below to allow audio to work in the Edge browser. Link to the website where I found these Instructions

You'll need to upgrade your Edge browser to the newest version, which is based on Chrome. Your Windows 10 computer in S-Mode will allow this installation.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

Once you've upgraded Edge, then you can install an extension that will tell websites you're using Chrome, even though you're using Edge. Since the new Edge is based on Chromium, the same engine behind Google Chrome, Zoom works perfectly. (and so does my daughter's SmartMusic.com site that requires Chrome too)

The extension is called User-Agent Switcher and is here:

https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/ipacohcfiahhblhbpdnnmnolcakgooci?hl=en-US

Install the extension, and you'll see a new icon in the top right area of Edge. You can click it, and select Chrome from the second row of choices.

Refresh the Zoom window and it should work!

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Chris!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice...x2 on the thank you!!

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right on Chris! Thank you

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Just hopped on such to check it out and stubble was checking in as well. Worked great for the minute we were on.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

This is, in my non professional opinion, a much better platform.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

You freaking rock Chris, and since you ended your buying freeze, you must be getting low. My missiles have been redirected to your vector.

Don't look ↑
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Chris!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.

Working pretty good, lots of people popping in and checking it out.

There's a limit of 100 people in the meeting.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dropped in for a minute--terrifying. Deer-in-the-headlights syndrome for me, same things happen on a phone for me. Anyway, good to see Chris briefly. Autism sucks.

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I missed you Edward.
    I am actually much nicer in person. 😀

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.

Better Chris than me, I really would've freaked you you. Edward you are one of two people I must meet in person before I die.

MOW badge received.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Dropped in for a minute--terrifying. Deer-in-the-headlights syndrome for me, same things happen on a phone for me. Anyway, good to see Chris briefly. Autism sucks.

Would love to chat with you Edward.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

Tell them to put their clothes back on. No one needs to see that.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

I'll have to take a look one of these days.
    I'm not a fan of video chats, cause I have AD look there goes a rabbit HD and can't hardly sit still for very long. On a video chat, that means moving things around.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

@Yakster Does it cost or is it a free service?

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    edited April 2020

@0patience said:
    @Yakster Does it cost or is it a free service?

It's a free service for everyone on the forum.

MOW badge received.

Will it work without a camera?
    No camera on my confuser. Besides, no one wants to see this ugly face.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

I think so.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome. Thanks for doing the leg work on this Chris. I'll try to figure it out sometime this weekend.

It works really well, especially since my computer doesn't have a camera. LOL!
    Next time I'll have to either use the tablet or laptop, if I can find them.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

Join any way you can, Tony.

• cigarexplorercigarexplorer Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jumped on and was having video and audio issues. Finally got it fixed. Thanks for the platform, Chris.

The link to the Zoom vHerf is in my signature (which you can see in desktop mode on mobile devices) and on my profile page.

Hopping on now for a smoke if anybody is free.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

jumping on to check it out

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    It works really well, especially since my computer doesn't have a camera. LOL!
    Next time I'll have to either use the tablet or laptop, if I can find them.

@Patrickbrick really wants to see you Tony

On

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I checked it out and everything seemed to work okay. Maybe I can join when I have the time finally, because I really disliked Google.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."