Home Cigar 101

Humidor

Aubie78Aubie78 Posts: 2

Ok..got a humidor and seasoned it. Did the salt test on hygrometer that was analog and I had to manually move it from around 55 to 75. I am waiting on time for humidor to season (should be ready around 2 pm tomorrow). I also got a digital hygrometer and put it in there when I placed analog back in front and also placed the humidifier that came with humidor in as well. I have the humidor in a closet that doesn’t get a lot of sunlight and is not really close to AC ducts and such. Long story short my question is what to do tomorrow if my humidor hasn’t hit the 70-75 mark on the digital hydrometer. Do I reseal or just slow my roll and let it do it’s thing. I have had my cigars in a box with boveda pack so they are not super dry (probably more than I want them to be) but non the less I am avid about cigars and am really getting more into it since I am out due to this virus (I am a school teacher). So any help is good help as we all want to enjoy a good smoke.

Comments

• Aubie78Aubie78 Posts: 2

Reseal should have been Reseason

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seasoned one or two weeks?

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let it stay put. Good seasoning can take a week or more. Not to alarm you but, desktop humidors can be frustrating to season and to regulate. My advice is to set up a tupperdor. A plastic airtight container with Boveda. (Maybe that's what you meant by "I have had my cigars in a box with boveda pack".) This can serve as a safe place, a life raft if you will, for your cigars while you get the humidor seasoned, and also to retreat back to if this go not-so-well with your desktop. Half the guys on this forum use some form of plastic storage as a permanent storage. Drink coolers and food container etc.

Welcome to the forum.