Home General Discussion

As a kid...

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was the one thing you wanted and never got?

For me it was a dirt bike. I had minibikes, go carts but always wanted a real dirt bike.
In middle school they had a motorcycle training course and I got to ride an endure bike that made me want one even more.
I finally got one in my early 20s a Honda CR125R, then a CR250

Don't know why I was thinking about this today.

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I forget.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got what I wanted. They're all grown up now.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I remember wanting a job riding the shuttle into space to fix satellites. Didn't happen.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted a Gameboy. One of the bulky ones that only came in black and white. I bought myself a DS a couple years back, but I'd always wanted one of the old-school ones.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

A different mother. One who wasn't a ****.

First time I ran away I was 3 years old. Walked all day. That night, knocked on a door and asked the lady: "Would you be my mother?"

Ran away once to the cop shop. They brought me back.

Ran away once to the preacher. He sent me home.

My kid sister ran away when she was a teen & stayed with a friend. Stayed there two years! We all admired her for that.

Must be why I'm twisted.

Nice day outside. I need to take a murdersickle ride. Go see my grandchildren. I still owe one a birthday present.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted to have a meal. Any meal, as long as it wasn't potatoes.
    When you are poor, potatoes would last quite a while and you can make a lot of meals from a few.
    And I wanted to never have to drag my drunk mother out of the bar.

And finally wanted to play pro baseball.

I succeeded in those dreams.
    Ok, a little short on the last one, but close enough for me.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted to not hate my job like me dad. Was going great up until a year ago. We shall see what happens in the next.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a young boy I wanted to be a trash man and ride on the back of the truck, pull that lever and smash the $hit out of everything!...Every Tuesday and Friday Morning I’m now reminded how wanting something and not getting it isn’t such a bad thing.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

😎

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bo Derek.