Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Here is the contest I promised!

Ok, here is the contest: Tell me why I have the screen name Capt, and what is the significance between that name, me and the State of Michigan. This is a tough one, but I will give out a couple hints if you guys get stuck. Two guesses per day. Here is the prize: A plethora of aged cigars dating all the way back to 1995, including a Cuban or two......

Comments

• DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    because you are the captain of your own boat in lake Michigan?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    captian of the Mackinaw, an icebreaker on huron, michigan, and superior
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    You're a captain in the MI National Guard?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    You capt somebody wif you Glock Fawty in DeeTroit?
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    You used to smoke The Fat Rum Tavern Cigar, which is soaked in Captain Morgan's and Vanilla. The cigars are made at Frankenmuth Original Cigar Company in Michigan. Do I win points for the most obscure google reference? :P
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I would have guessed captain of a fishing boat, but that's been covered so I'll say you are/were a Captain for the Michigan state police.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Capt:
    Ok, here is the contest: Tell me why I have the screen name Capt, and what is the significance between that name, me and the State of Michigan. This is a tough one, but I will give out a couple hints if you guys get stuck. Two guesses per day. Here is the prize: A plethora of aged cigars dating all the way back to 1995, including a Cuban or two......
    I believe it was your rank in the Fire department. Did you recieve some sort of award from the state as a result of service
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Ok, I dug deep so I am guessing it is because you are a Captain for the Windsor Locks Fire Department in Michigan
    Ok, 1st guess was wayyyy off since I didn't read all of the way. So on to my 2nd guess. Captain for the Walled Lake Fire Department in Michigan.
  • CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    vankleekkw:
    Ok, 1st guess was wayyyy off since I didn't read all of the way. So on to my 2nd guess. Captain for the Walled Lake Fire Department in Michigan.
    Holy hell! You got the first part right! Now, why is my rank so significant to the state of Michigan?
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    because they only have one. i know nothing about fire fighters..
    kaspera79:
    Capt:
    I believe it was your rank in the Fire department. Did you recieve some sort of award from the state as a result of service
    would the age at which you achieved this rank of Captain be the noteworthy part of your accomplishment. (youngest)
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    You were responsible for bringing the FEMA Type IV Incident Management Team training to Southeast Michigan, resulting in the formation of the second Incident Management Team in Michigan?
    Scrambler:
    You were responsible for bringing the FEMA Type IV Incident Management Team training to Southeast Michigan, resulting in the formation of the second Incident Management Team in Michigan?
    Someone is a quicker searcher, but I found this as well. "Some of Walled Lake's benchmark training included: utilizing the Wixom Fire Departments training tower to train Fire Fighters to fight hi-rise building fires, operating evacuation drills at the Villa hi-rise with occupant's participation, training in ice rescue and water rescue operations, reinforcing building familiarization and training the Wixom Fire Department personnel in Ice Rescue Operations." Sounds like you guys are doing some pretty amazing things for your citizens. Congratulations on making them the priority of the city.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Capt:
    vankleekkw:
    Holy hell! You got the first part right! Now, why is my rank so significant to the state of Michigan?
    Because of the dustup Rich Rodriguez made at the Blue when he changed the 100 year old tradition of naming one captain preseason and that person retaining that position for the season.
    vankleekkw:
    You got the first part right!
    kaspera79:
    kaspera79:
    Capt:
    would the age at which you achieved this rank of Captain be the noteworthy part of your accomplishment. (youngest)
    You got the second part right! It's a tie! Looks like both of you will get a prize! It was because I was the youngest career Captain in the State of Michigan. Congrats to all who played. Yoos two PM me your address.
    PM Sent. Thanks for the contest.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Congrats van, kas. I wish I had chimed in on the second part as I was going to say the same thing kas did, only sooner. Good things don't always come to those who wait.
    Capt. PM sent. Thanks for the challenge, it was fun. Kas.
    j0z3r:
    Congrats van, kas. I wish I had chimed in on the second part as I was going to say the same thing kas did, only sooner. Good things don't always come to those who wait.
    I almost quit on it too, but figured what the ... Glad I hung in there.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Dang.. I saw this on my way out of town for the weekend... Just got back and checked in to see how this was coming along.. Didn't think it's go so quickly.