Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skydiverD said:
    Ok folks. Just finished all of Narcos. Loved that ****.

I'm currently in search mode for a new show to watch while I smoke. I love crime stuff. Throw some ideas at me. I'll look back through this thread too, but admittedly, this saving the world stuff has made me fat and lazy..... :D

Was thinking about trying Peaky Blinders.

Peaky Blinders is the tìts

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Binge watched the rest of Ozark.
    More please!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@skydiverD said:

I'm currently in search mode for a new show to watch while I smoke. I love crime stuff. Throw some ideas at me. I'll look back through this thread too, but admittedly, this saving the world stuff has made me fat and lazy..... :D

Did I mention Graceland on Hulu? It's very entertaining.

Cool. Will check it out. Admittedly, I didn't know what the show was about, and I had an ill conceived notion that it had to do with music or something nairy fairy... LOL My bad.

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not about music at all, Graceland is a drug bust seized house in Malibu that's been taken over by a multi-agency group who get involved in all sorts of situations.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@ForMud said:

@skydiverD said:

Watch Narcos Mexico next, just as good if not better.

I did. Went right from Narcos, to Narcos Mexico. Loved it all. They still talk so fast in Spanish that I am having trouble picking out the key swear words I want to learn :D

edited April 2020

If you like Brooklyn 99, try Tacoma Fire on TruTV.

"coo, coo, coo, coo, coo"

@peter4jc said:

@skydiverD said:

Watch that, and then we'll give you more directions.

Sir, yes Sir! :D

I watch more than 1 show at a time. Don't you? ;)

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skydiverD said:

@peter4jc said:

@skydiverD said:

I don't. I can't. I pick a series and stick with it. When it's over I'll watch movies and/or documentaries for a few nights while I decide what show to watch next. And so forth and so on...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

@peter4jc said:

@skydiverD said:

@peter4jc said:

@skydiverD said:

I don't. I can't. I pick a series and stick with it. When it's over I'll watch movies and/or documentaries for a few nights while I decide what show to watch next. And so forth and so on...

The benefits of living alone. Have to find something to watch with the family and watch the stuff they want (or go have a cigar). I usually go have a cigar when my daughter puts on a game walk-through video.

Then there's the shows that come out once a week that I want to keep up with. Chicago Fire, Med, PD, Stumptown, Tacoma Fire, Brooklyn 99, etc.

Finished Nightwatch and started Nightwatch Nation.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guitarded said:
    Binge watched the rest of Ozark.
    More please!

Just finished. There's a surprise ending, for sure! Whew!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I propose everybody who has time acquires a computer that can play games, install Steam for Windows, and then buys the game (on Steam) "theHunter:Call of the Wild", and then joins my multiplayer game.
    No....no takers?
    *#(&!

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just started Ozark, pretty good so far.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching Bosch now.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

Train to Busan is a good movie on Netflix if you can get past the subtitle issues.

• XWFD30XWFD30 Posts: 26

Netflix....binged Brooklin 99....LMAO. Lillyhamer was great. You gotta see Ozark too. I'll start watching the Killing....It's That good??
    Ken, is Revolution on Netflix? I read all the Dark Tower books..great. Z

• XWFD30XWFD30 Posts: 26

Ozark.......great series, good ending. Don't know if they'll continue it, but if they do, I don't think it will be as good as the first part. It ended where it should've. Z

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Waco on Netflix. I think it is a little biased towards the bad guys, but good watch. I think its 6 episodes

Caught up on "The Last Dance" really liked the series so far

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

@avengethis said:
    Caught up on "The Last Dance" really liked the series so far

I started Bosch based on your recommendation and am enjoying it. Thanks.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

I really enjoyed the first five episodes of the BBC show "Inside No. 9" on Hulu, smart writing. Something happened with the final episode of season 1 where they took a left turn and it is a completely different show now, sad really. Each episode stands on it's own, there's no continuing story line.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first season of Yellowstone is on the Paramount network starting at noon on Sunday. Great show.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:
    Waco on Netflix. I think it is a little biased towards the bad guys, but good watch. I think its 6 episodes

That all depends on who you choose to be the bad guys.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Letter For The King on Netflix starts out as a pretty generic fantasy, but it does get really good really fast. It's only a 6 episode mini series. Worth binge watching if your stuck at home.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Watched the newest Star Wars (ep 9) on Disney + , kinda underwhelming

We watched that yesterday as well @deadman. I agree it was sort of ehhh.

Started game of thrones this weekend and just about through season 1.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took up West World the other day. 2nd time trying it. First time didnt last an episode. But I'm on 9 now and hooked.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Worked on an annoying audio-sync issue with Prime on my Roku that looks like it might be due to the audio settings when using a sound bar. Fixed the sound settings on my Roku to Dolby DTS and I don't seem to have the sync issue yet.

On Prime:

Watched The Lighthouse (2019, Willem Dafoe) with the family, pretty good movie.

Just started watching Upload, it has promise.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Took up West World the other day. 2nd time trying it. First time didnt last an episode. But I'm on 9 now and hooked.

Season 1 is pretty good, I couldn't get into the second season for some reason.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."