Home Non Cigar Related

It's a Boy!

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Well, we got word yesterday that our next baby will be a boy! I was so happy when I got this news, you have no idea. I always wanted 2 boys. My wife wanted to name him "Dylan" that is until I tossed out the name "Ashton" while we were at the Dr's office yesterday, now she can't decide, lol...anyways... Now time to go have a celebratory smoke!

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! On a side note, my best friend's youngest son is named Dylan.
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Congratulations!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Congrats.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Coolness....
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Congrats
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Congrats Krieg.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    congrats. i have 2 girls myself and they are my world. congratulations
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! I've got six sons, remember cops are serial marriers, and it's great. Hopefully, about 18 years or so from now, you can be sitting down with your sons and sharing a nice smoke.

My youngest son, who just turned 21, was actually the one who turned me on to man made cigars. Now we spend some quality time together smoking and talking. As a belated 21st birthday present, we will be going to CirgarFest this year.

P.S: I kind of like Ashton.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Congrats. Life is good......
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    dennisking:
    congrats. i have 2 girls myself and they are my world. congratulations
    Yeah, congrats. Like dk I have 2 girls too and they sure do make the world go around! Ashton... that's awesome!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! I got my wish with one of each. It's awesome because they have two completely different personalities. My son is definitely Type-A and my daughter is so laid back, she's like a Type-F! LOL!

My wife wanted Dylan or Deklin. But I got my way with Connor (my middle name).

Ashton is cool, but then you'll have to pass out Ashtons to all of us when he's born! So, you might want to consider Swisher as an alternative. LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Congrats! I got my wish with one of each. It's awesome because they have two completely different personalities. My son is definitely Type-A and my daughter is so laid back, she's like a Type-F! LOL!

Ashton is cool, but then you'll have to pass out Ashtons to all of us when he's born! So, you might want to consider Swisher as an alternative. LOL!
    Swisher?? I would never do that to him!

"Long ashes my friends."

YankeeMan:
    Congrats! I've got six sons, remember cops are serial marriers, and it's great. Hopefully, about 18 years or so from now, you can be sitting down with your sons and sharing a nice smoke.

My youngest son, who just turned 21, was actually the one who turned me on to man made cigars. Now we spend some quality time together smoking and talking. As a belated 21st birthday present, we will be going to CirgarFest this year.

P.S: I kind of like Ashton.
    That's great, hope you guys have a great time.

"Long ashes my friends."

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats brother! Very excited for your family.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Congratulations!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    lilwing88:

Swisher?? I would never do that to him!
    Alright..... but I still expect an Ashton tossed my way when he's born!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Congratulations Chris. Funny, the sex of a child only ever seems to be an issue before the birth. From the time you hold your child for the first time, the sex just doesn't seem to matter ever again. People without kids really never know what they missed, IMHO.
    laker1963:
    Congratulations Chris. Funny, the sex of a child only ever seems to be an issue before the birth. From the time you hold your child for the first time, the sex just doesn't seem to matter ever again. People without kids really never know what they missed, IMHO.
    I can agree with that and thanks!

"Long ashes my friends."

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Chris,

CONGRATULATIONS BROTHA! Ridiculously happy for you dooood. Ashton is definitely a rockin name, though I find myself partial to more classic names - not to mention, the current Ashton persona that comes to mind is Kutcher, and um...meh. My lady and I were talking baby names not too long ago, and that one came up. I'm liking the name Aston, actually...

Anywho, I've noticed my posts tend to ramble lately so to cut it short...
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    :-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Congrats! That's great news!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Congrats!!!!

My boy is 18 months, I got to name our daughter (after my mother, passed) so I knew I wouldn't have much input on picking my boys name lol, I wanted to name him Cain but my wife wouldn't go for it.....we ended up calling him Cole, I still tried to slip Cain in as his middle name but my wife wouldn't go for it at all.....Cole Cain....I told her it will be perfect, all the girls will be addicted to him, she didn't find that amusing for some reason.....
  • Congrats. I have one girl and one boy myself. They are total opposites, but that keeps it interesting.
    Hays:
    Chris,

CONGRATULATIONS BROTHA! Ridiculously happy for you dooood. Ashton is definitely a rockin name, though I find myself partial to more classic names - not to mention, the current Ashton persona that comes to mind is Kutcher, and um...meh. My lady and I were talking baby names not too long ago, and that one came up. I'm liking the name Aston, actually...

Anywho, I've noticed my posts tend to ramble lately so to cut it short...
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    :-)
    Always good to hear from the Big Guy from Cali, thanks Hays. And that's the first thing my wife said when she heard the name Ashton also....hell, my mom said yesterday when I told her "I think of that Ashton Creature person...." lol....I just told my wife "hmm...that's not what I think of when I hear the name Ashton...but oooook " lol She still can't decide on a name, time will tell....maybe I should start up a game...what date will my wife decide and what name?? Winner gets smokes! lol!!

"Long ashes my friends."

Diamondog:
    Congrats!!!!

My boy is 18 months, I got to name our daughter (after my mother, passed) so I knew I wouldn't have much input on picking my boys name lol, I wanted to name him Cain but my wife wouldn't go for it.....we ended up calling him Cole, I still tried to slip Cain in as his middle name but my wife wouldn't go for it at all.....Cole Cain....I told her it will be perfect, all the girls will be addicted to him, she didn't find that amusing for some reason.....
    I also tossed out the name "Nub". You should have seen the look I got.

"Long ashes my friends."

jacketsrule:
    Congrats. I have one girl and one boy myself. They are total opposites, but that keeps it interesting.
    Yeah, I'm wondering what the 2nd boy is gonna be like. I hope we get just as lucky the 2nd time around.

"Long ashes my friends."

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Congrats...father of two girls myself and while I would have loved having a boy too, wouldn't trade my girls for anything in the world.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Congrats, and you have a PM
    Thanks mac

"Long ashes my friends."

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations are indeed in order. My best to you and mom.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Mazel tov!