Home General Discussion

Cold draw taste like paint thinner

Spyk_Saturn12Spyk_Saturn12 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

Bought a Romeo y Juliet today and only got as far as the cold draw. Tasted like paint thinner and I got worried maybe that wasn't normal. Anyone experience this? Currently smoking a padron with no issues.

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be in it's sick period. Let it sit for a month and try again.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or man up and smoke it.

Don't look ↑
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of a Old Shine MSG first brewed uP.....****'N wicked.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Light it with a Zippo, but hold it away from your face when you do

Don't look ↑
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Should have used a spill. 😂

Seriously I don’t care for a lot of the Cuban named non-Cubans. A few are OK but most are just bland to me. Could be over or high on the humidity, that would give it a bitter taste.

Post edited by deadman on
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cold draw: nope, cedar spill: nope. Cut it, light it, half way through decide what I want to smoke next.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smoke it while painting.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Still gotta be better than the cigar I had last year that tasted like fish.....Not a good kinda fish taste, but the McDonalds Filet-O Fish you left on the dashboard of your truck for four days in the summer and you ate with a PBR hangover kinda fish taste.....

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Spyk_Saturn12 said:
    Bought a Romeo y Juliet today and only got as far as the cold draw. Tasted like paint thinner and I got worried maybe that wasn't normal. Anyone experience this? Currently smoking a padron with no issues.

Curious: How'd you come to know what paint thinner tastes like?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@Spyk_Saturn12 said:

Ever tried oil painting while drinking a cup of coffee?

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

@Wylaff said:

@webmost said:

@Spyk_Saturn12 said:

With or without clothes?

@Wylaff said:

@deadman said:

@Wylaff said:

@webmost said:

@Spyk_Saturn12 said:

With or without clothes?

Like many things in life, a lack of pants generally improves the experience.

Unless you are at the grocery store, then they frown on that.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

@Wylaff said:

@deadman said:

@Wylaff said:

@webmost said:

@Spyk_Saturn12 said:

With or without clothes?

Like many things in life, a lack of pants generally improves the experience.

Unless you are at the grocery store, then they frown on that.

They tend to frown on oil painting while drinking coffee regardless of state of dress.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...