Home Non Cigar Related

Cheap Toyotas

ljlljl Posts: 819
How low do you think the local dealer will go if I keep saying things like "I just want a car that won't break"? Of course he could take that for brake and just walk me around the lot. I'm cracking myself up with that one!!!

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    ljl:
    How low do you think the local dealer will go if I keep saying things like "I just want a car that won't break"? Of course he could take that for brake and just walk me around the lot. I'm cracking myself up with that one!!!
    Funny stuff, I picked up a sienna last night for a Really good deal IMHO.
  • I have owned my 08 tundra for almost 2 yrs and I had my gas pedal stick but while accelerating I leaned down pulled the floor mat back and problem solved went to the dealer got a 1.98 cent clip and problem solved it is more of an engineering problem than anything else.
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Little did Toyota know that their "Moving Forward" slogan would be made in the truest sense.
    1/50,000 toyotas have a problem because of this issue. 1/60,000 Fords have accelerator problems. Maybe not as dire as the Toyotas, but similar in #'s.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    One thing that is not getting mentioned in the media is that Toyota will start a recall at a way lower problem rate than almost any other manufacturer. I just couldn't resist taking a shot. It does seem like they knew some of the problems existed and sat on them instead of starting the recall though.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I just got a new Keyboard made by Toyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Lasabar:
    I just got a new Keyboard made by Toyooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopping a car is over rated!
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Should have been..."Moving Forward...RAPIDLY!!"
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I work for aToyota dealership as a manager and have owned many. Wish I had the time and energy to compare other mfg recalls and the time frame's involved . I have some interesting stuff to share when I have the time and not tending to sick relatives. anyways our sales were down for about 2 weeks and then the Toyota customers themselves jumpstarted our sales again, and the OVERWHELMING attitude was we would still rather buy a Toyota than another brand because as educated buyers they know the troubles other mfg's have had ...some, actually most have had much worse problems than Toyota. I'm just sayin ...to me the proofs in the sales and these customers are coming back with really only one question ...Has this car been affected by the recall and has it been fixed ? Good , I'll take it . No more questions , that tells me consumer confidence is still high in this brand and not even the good 'ol U.S. media , despite their best efforts, can de-rail it !!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    And as a side note ...Toyota always does over kill with their fixes which means there is a lotta 0% money out there thru Toyota and some big rebates along with a free 2 year maintenance program in the SouthEast ......these will go fast though ...errrr ...no pun intended !!!
  • If your accelerator sticks, just use the cars infront of you to slow you down.