Home Ratings & Reviews

Glen Case and Kristoff

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
I went to an event tonight for Kristoff Cigars. Glen Case, the owner, was there. Not only does he make an excellent product but he's a great guy.

I've had his sumatra before but tonight I had the Criollo Ligero. It started off pretty bland but built continually through the cigar after about the first inch I was liking it. About 3 inches in I was in love. Glen slipped me a Vengence Maduro Ligero which is his newest and supposedly pepperiest blend. I can't wait to give it a shot.

What I like most about his products so far is that the seem perfect right out of the box. They are perfectly fermented and do not need any box time. I may have found a new go to brand.

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I love it when the owner is a real down to earth kind of guy, no matter what field they are in.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I was really impressed with Kristoff cigars. I bought two torpedos to try, one maduro and one criollo, and they were both impeccable in every aspect. The maduro impressed me the most since I'm not the biggest fan of maduro cigars, I like some but I generally prefer a non-maduro wrapper, but this was excellent. This is one of those cigars I could smoke every day any time of day and be happy. I need to get some more.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've had a few of the Kristoff cigars and always thought they were fantastic. I haven't had one in a while and need to revisit them again soon.
    I tied a Kristoff Sumatra today and was very pleased with it. A bit boring for the first inch, but the flavors really opened up after that. One of the things I really like about Kristoff is how well they play the subtleties of the tobacco, there isn't a dominant, in-your-face flavor but rather a perfectly balanced, smooth array of flavors that play an equal part in developing the cigar. To me that is a true art in blending and my hat is off to the guys responsible for this one.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    I tied a Kristoff Sumatra today and was very pleased with it. A bit boring for the first inch, but the flavors really opened up after that. One of the things I really like about Kristoff is how well they play the subtleties of the tobacco, there isn't a dominant, in-your-face flavor but rather a perfectly balanced, smooth array of flavors that play an equal part in developing the cigar. To me that is a true art in blending and my hat is off to the guys responsible for this one.
    Someone sent me one of these a couple of months back. While I don't remember who it was, THANK YOU. I thought these were very good sticks in every way. What is the price point for these sticks?
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    Someone sent me one of these a couple of months back. While I don't remember who it was, THANK YOU. I thought these were very good sticks in every way. What is the price point for these sticks?
    They run about $6-$8 depending on where you buy and what vitola you buy.